Old Habits Die Hard

Oct 2, 2013
Gamertag
BROmanceNZ
Wasssuuuuup?

Just putting up a thread to say hi! I'm a long time (lost) Halo 2 player from back in the ol' Xbox Live days. It ruined my high school years academically, but that's hardly important..

Anyway. I'm in my late 20s now, still kicking it in New Zealand and have been feeling particularly nostalgic recently.

So copped a copy of H2 for PC, stared with surprise at just how far graphics has come since the days of using the ol' Red/Yellow/White cords to plug into my CRT TV, and then realised...

... there's no online multiplayer. Heh. Late to the game again.

Ahh well. Anyways. Found this place and I'll try to be active, but maybe I'm just fighting getting older.

Hope everyone is well. Take it easy (and if it's easy, take it twice).

Chur.

Oct 2, 2013
Gamertag
BROmanceNZ
Also. I was a pretty average Xbox Live H2 player. Couldn't snipe to save my life. Couldn't BR+Plasma Pistol combo either. Known for getting warthogs stuck, accidentally stickying team mates, tagging my GT (PONY) on the wall in bullets, and using the sword lunge to miss my opponent and send myself off the map..

But I was great for banter.

Entered the New Zealand Halo 2 comp back in the day and came 11. Missed the top ten by 2 kills. I maintain that there was screen watching going on, but that's because I was the one doing it. I literally saw the last person to kill me from their perspective. Really humbling.

If there's any NZ players from those days, I was [nMe whitepony] and started off in the HelljumpersNZ clan before doing stints with Invictus and BlackSheep? I can't remember.

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
Hey! Welcome to this little community, a few of us still check-back anyway. Hope you got your Halo 2 pc working because there are a bunch that don't have working keys or cant even run the game... well, at least your not too late, h2 pc is still online anyway, micro$oft recently almost took it offline, so who knows how much longer it will be up. Apparently the online was moved to some other servers that should keep it running without trouble or M$ worring too much so yeah. Enjoy and cheers.

Oct 2, 2013
Gamertag
BROmanceNZ
Thanks bruv!

Maybe I am one of the ones having a bit of trouble... Heh. Story of my life.

I'll give it another blat later tonight if I can finish two university presentations in time.

(This timing of Halo 2 + Education seems all too familiar.. Haha.)

Mar 28, 2013
Gamertag
killamohnjorrow
Welcome to our dead halo 2 website! Halo 2 is dead and sadly it is going no where. I once had hope in it when I found this website but even this website has gone to shit and no one seems to care about it anymore either. Last I knew people here were working on some type of ranking system and building the website population now this site is a wasteland of lost ideas and abandoned projects... sad times.... Unless 343 resurrects halo 2 in some shape or form I think this game is going to die....

Jun 29, 2013
Gamertag
vortex redreign
mohnjorrow said:
Welcome to our dead halo 2 website! Halo 2 is dead and sadly it is going no where. I once had hope in it when I found this website but even this website has gone to shit and no one seems to care about it anymore either. Last I knew people here were working on some type of ranking system and building the website population now this site is a wasteland of lost ideas and abandoned projects... sad times.... Unless 343 resurrects halo 2 in some shape or form I think this game is going to die....
You are going to have to calm the fuck down sir.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
@mohnjorrow,

Speak for yourself; some of us are still very passionate about H2v. We also have the only active H2v modding/mapping team and are still working on making our own community focused custom edition of H2PC.

Mar 30, 2013
Gamertag
SiC Avenged
its dead because people like you say it is theres plenty ppl playing a different points in the day be glad its still online dummy

Mar 28, 2013
Gamertag
killamohnjorrow
I had no idea all of that was going on, I guess there is just no one reporting on it? That is awesome thanks for giving me hope again.