Operation: Spirit: Fixing H2v

Apr 23, 2013
Gamertag
iCovertz
Now, what we got wasn't the true Halo 2, but it's better than nothing. So, to bring back the good old Xbox days, I have some ideas.

First off, we need our own servers. Once, I fix my old computer, I will try to sell it for around $300 (It's not a gaming rig, just for home computing, I am currently calculating the selling price.) and I will try to fund as much as possible. Servers are expensive, and I am aware of that, so I am going to try to do as much as I can. We could always make a new paypal and set up a ChipIn account, and put it on a Twitch page where we livestream every other night, and we could raise both players for the community and money towards the server. We can run two servers, one for competitive MLG settings and such, and another for casual play, such as Zombies, Fiesta, etc. We could do game nights where someone (with gold, I have gold so I am more than happy to host it) creates a custom game where we can mess around with map glitches and such, I know superbounce is patched, but who knows what isn't patched.

Next, we need to enlarge the community. This, again, can be done with livestreams, Youtube (we have a youtube already) the new servers I discussed previously, and such. Again, I will help as much as I can with this.

Now, I will point out what we are doing wrong right now. I will get hate, but I honestly need to say something.

Poor servers. Yes, I know this exact forum can't decide this, but this is pointed towards the entire community. We have servers dedicated to just Coag or Lockout, and that's killing us. We need variety, so more people will stay. People don't like playing the same map over and over, and the numbers show it. Yes, Halo CE has more people and the same maps, but that has a bigger community to begin with, and it's really easy to get free, so that might boost the numbers quite a bit (not to mention a better map editor). Again, going back to my statement about our own servers, a competitive and a casual server will be wonderful IMO.

Focusing on competitive playing. Yes, I know that we all love the good old MLG days, but what about all the other fun times you had messing around, finding hiding spots on zombies? This video below is what I think Halo is all about: Having fun.

[BBvideo 800,490:3ja7uzzy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j11RzaWXqqw[/BBvideo]

As you can see, they played the normal slayer and such, but they also played zombies, and then superbounced out of the map. While they are all very different from each other, they were all very fun, and very hilarious to do. That is what I think Halo 2 vista can become, if we try hard enough.

We would all like it if 343 gave us the source code and released Halo 2 on Steam, but M$ is not going to do that, so lets work with what we have, and try our best to make it better. And there you have it, and good night to all of you (or day, depending on your time zone)

Mar 22, 2013
Gamertag
TheKarmaLaw
[BBvideo 800,490:1e3u2nr6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUbORA6QGWY[/BBvideo] the best day's

the live system was beautiful :( servers full 8- 16 50lvl without lag bugs .. intense games .. best party's ever ..the gold age of MLG :)

:(

i miss halo 2

Apr 23, 2013
Gamertag
iCovertz
SiC THEPRO1121 said:
H2Bot said:
Don't worry we got things planned.
like what?

TELL US!! xD
Maybe our own servers :)

I'm serious, those other servers are either empty or Coag Flag/Lockout snipes. No variety, and a new player like me can't even explore all of the game.

Jun 23, 2013
Gamertag
bpaterni
iCovertz said:

I'm serious, those other servers are either empty or Coag Flag/Lockout snipes. No variety, and a new player like me can't even explore all of the game.
If I were to have it my way, there would be servers for all playlists prior to original xbox live takedown; each with their corresponding rotation of gametypes/maps, However, I have neither the time or resources to make this happen...

Apr 23, 2013
Gamertag
iCovertz
bpaterni said:
iCovertz said:

If I were to have it my way, there would be servers for all playlists prior to original xbox live takedown; each with their corresponding rotation of gametypes/maps, However, I have neither the time or resources to make this happen...
Well, we have some talented people in the H2v community (H2MT, you are our saviors) that can pull this off. We will need hosts, but I think that a casual gametype server (zombies, swords, fiesta, etc) and a competitive server (MLG gametypes) would work well. All we need is a steady population to join them.

Apr 23, 2013
Gamertag
iCovertz
Yes, we have the SiC servers, but those are more competitive based. I mean like a server with Fiesta, Infection, and other gametypes like that.