Some questions on modding & mic usage

Apr 6, 2016
Gamertag
PedoDeChocha
So I have been a huge Halo fan for almost ten years now, and I own every single Halo game except Spartan Assault and Halo 5: Guardians. I played the living crap out of Halo 2, and even on the xbox one, and I really badly want to extend the longevity of the PC version. Where do I find out how to create mods for the following:

1. A firefight mode, which will allow me to not only edit enemy traits, but also fight against spartans. I also want to be able to fight against waves of continuously more powerful flood forms, so I would like to know how to do that

2. Controller sensitivity. I used the sensitivity modding program, but it's annoying to re-open it, and then re-set it every time I enter a game session.

Also, I need to ask about microphones. Does the xbox 360 headset work? What about a regular headset? How do I get them to work?

GT: Used to be koonchos, but now it's PedoDeChocha. Add me for some Halo 2 PC or Xbox One. My favorite mode is BR's and Swords, or Snipers and Swords, both with plasma grenades and no vehicles on several maps

Mar 20, 2016
PedoDeChocha said:
So I have been a huge Halo fan for almost ten years now, and I own every single Halo game except Spartan Assault and Halo 5: Guardians. I played the living crap out of Halo 2, and even on the xbox one, and I really badly want to extend the longevity of the PC version. Where do I find out how to create mods for the following:

1. A firefight mode, which will allow me to not only edit enemy traits, but also fight against spartans. I also want to be able to fight against waves of continuously more powerful flood forms, so I would like to know how to do that

2. Controller sensitivity. I used the sensitivity modding program, but it's annoying to re-open it, and then re-set it every time I enter a game session.

Also, I need to ask about microphones. Does the xbox 360 headset work? What about a regular headset? How do I get them to work?

GT: Used to be koonchos, but now it's PedoDeChocha. Add me for some Halo 2 PC or Xbox One. My favorite mode is BR's and Swords, or Snipers and Swords, both with plasma grenades and no vehicles on several maps
1. You have two real options in terms of map modding/editing:
-Use Assembly or some other meta editor to mod the campaign maps.
-Use a heavily modified version of Halo 2 Editing Kit.

I would personally start off with Assembly, as its a bit easier to learn and quite frankly, you can do a lot more with it. While you can customize stuff a bit more in H2EK and create your own custom maps as all, that's its only advantage. AI have no pathfinding, which means all AI pretty much stand in place unless artificially forced to move. We also have no real injection/extraction tools on the level of HEK+ (which basically means we can't copy paste new characters from the campaign. The only AI available to us are masterchiefs, elites, vehicles, ect.), and modded version of H2EK are required to overcome many other restrictions.

Kills Alone has some great tutorials on how to use Assembly to edit stuff in campaign, potentially in the way you want. With Assembly, you can edit pretty much every aspect of stuff in campaign and it works great. Campaign Editing

2. I have no idea about controllers, but I'm pretty sure mic support is broken.

Apr 6, 2016
Gamertag
PedoDeChocha
Ling Ling said:
PedoDeChocha said:

I would personally start off with Assembly, as its a bit easier to learn and quite frankly, you can do a lot more with it. While you can customize stuff a bit more in H2EK and create your own custom maps as all, that's its only advantage. AI have no pathfinding, which means all AI pretty much stand in place unless artificially forced to move. We also have no real injection/extraction tools on the level of HEK+ (which basically means we can't copy paste new characters from the campaign. The only AI available to us are masterchiefs, elites, vehicles, ect.), and modded version of H2EK are required to overcome many other restrictions.

Kills Alone has some great tutorials on how to use Assembly to edit stuff in campaign, potentially in the way you want. With Assembly, you can edit pretty much every aspect of stuff in campaign and it works great. Campaign Editing

Wait so its impossible to get pathfinding for the AI? Is this possible in a campaign edit?

Mar 20, 2016
PedoDeChocha said:
Ling Ling said:
PedoDeChocha said:

Wait so its impossible to get pathfinding for the AI? Is this possible in a campaign edit?
Pathfinding works just fine when you're modding campaign. The problem is that pathfinding can't be generated on custom maps, as the editing kit for Halo 2 Vista was not originally meant to be able to create single player maps...or rather, it was stripped out before release. You'll hear many Halo 2 Vista players gripe about this since it basically led to Halo 2 Vista being abandoned in favor of Halo: CE, where you're basically given authoring tools equivalent to what the developers had.

Outside of H2EK, 3rd party mods (such as Assembly) allow you to edit the campaign pretty well, almost equivalently to a console Halo title. You can edit AI, change where and with what weapons they spawn with (and the same with weapons and your own character), change your FOV, switch to third person, ect.

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
Mic support's been broken due to the one and only update that was released for halo 2. With that being said, I wouldn't expect mic support to come back to halo 2. If you wanna use a mic while playing halo 2, I'd suggest Teamspeak/Discord (The Eldewrito one). Most of use discord over teamspeak due to the fact that its all web based and some eldewrito devs hang out there