Storm Battle Rifle

Mar 15, 2013
Short and sweet....Halo 4 battle rifle in-game and functional. Apologies to Kills and Shura last night. I wouldn't let you guys join or invite you because I was testing this. Images only. You'll all have to wait for Powerhouse before I release the tags standalone for other map usage. And yes Shawn...ghetto MS Paint at it's finest! LMAO
[thumbnail]http://www.freewebs.com/twinreaper/storm_br_1.png[/thumbnail]
[thumbnail]http://www.freewebs.com/twinreaper/storm_br_2.png[/thumbnail]

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Cool, you were able to get the model in-game, it should be an easy weapon to do tag-wise since the settings should be exactly the same or almost exactly the same as the H2 BR for balance reasons and ease-of-use.

Mar 15, 2013
Yup, model is in-game and works awesome. Just need to figure out which bitmap the decal faces use, since the meta view of the weapon tags in H4 are not mapped out yet. So right now I may have to use a custom bitmaps just to get the Misahriah Armory and and UINSC Eagle to show right.

Other than that, I will likely use my older Crater Halo 4 battle rifle tag settings which already had the spread and z-up almost perfectly matched to the Halo 4 one.

****Nevermind the above, I found the decal_graphic bitmap****

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Good stuff Twin, can´t really wait to see that Powerhouse with all these weapons. Keep us informed!

Mar 15, 2013
Unfortunatly due to the tool limit on poly's, I can no longer add any other geometry to the map. As itr is right now, the map is completely finished mesh wise. The only thing I am doing now is going thru all the uvw maps and making damn sure sure that even this map looks as good as the Reach version. Also I am holding off on a few other weapons. Still trying to get the models right and the firing effects proper. Hopefully this map will be done very very soon...as in after the 3 days of time the "super" lightmap setting takes to run.

Apr 1, 2013
Australia
Gamertag
Le Derp King
That's looking pretty neat Twin! Great work! I'm glad to see you finally got that Halo4 BR model working properly.
I wanna see some first person views shots of this! :D

Mar 15, 2013
Ok guys I decided to release my Halo 4 Battle Rifle tag. Couldn't get any sounds working right so they have all the stock br sounds, but it functions almost identical to the Halo 4 one. Firing speed may need to be tweaked, but that's about it. Use freely but give credit if you do. Peace bitches!

PS: Due to the way sprite style number counters have to be made, the type of bitmap used on the Storm battle Rifle makes any map containing it, not playable outside the slot.map method of playing it. Until kant or Sniper can find a way around using "Interface" bitmaps....this is it.

PSS: Unpack the archive to "tags/objects/weapons/rifle" directory

http://h2mt.h2pc.org/twinreaper/storm_br.zip

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
I'm moving the tags over to H4 and Reach folders and I noticed the Storm BR .weapon file is/was set to unused. That could be an issue, it does load with our Custom Content Restriction Remover, which is the improved successor to the MainMenu Mod and D3D9.DLL workarounds.

The tag unsc_decals.shader is set to use storm_unsc_decals_graphics_diff.bitmap, but that bitmap file is missing, could you upload it as well.

After moving the tags I've tested this Storm BR in-game and it looks and works great. Just need that one tag.

----

I fixed the BR's muzzle flash markers. Or I thought I had then I watched this video on YouTube and now I see that the the flash looks like it has four markers (instead of three like in H2) and they are all horizontal and vertical so I might need to edit them in real time.

Looks like the DMR has a similar muzzle flash, so once I have one working it should be easy to copy the marker co-ordinates over.