Unable to Join Party...

Jan 12, 2014
Gamertag
CosmicKid
I'm sure this has been asked tons of times already, but I'm driving myself nuts trying to find a fix. When I first got the game working last night, I was able to join multiplayer games fine, but upon starting Halo 2 up again today, I keep getting this error message. At one point today I was able to get into one game, but it DCed me after a few minutes with some generic error message. I'd really appreciate any sort of help. I'd just really like to get my multiplayer to work.

Jan 12, 2014
Gamertag
CosmicKid
Shawn said:
What is the error? Can you take a screenshotof it?
This is when I try to connect to most servers.

And this is what I get when I actually get into a game and play for a few minutes. I then get redirected to the lobby.

Jan 12, 2014
Gamertag
CosmicKid
I used a key packaged with a registry editor, so would that have anything to do with it? I can't imagine that a bootleg key would be making it a pain in the ass to get servers to connect me. But I don't know. I just really want to play Halo 2 Online.

Jun 5, 2013
Butuan City, Philippines
www.facebook.com
Gamertag
protato117
hhm yaa I did the same as well, using a GFWL registry thing I found in youtube to go online and used a key somewhere, and technically every game I join is always so difficult, and I get disconnected after a few minutes in... :/ guess I'll just have to buy a legit copy of halo 2 somewhere...

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
Actually i think the main cause is getting pings around more than 310 in other words i.e. lags!!
it happens to me around every day .So i would recommend poor tower and lags is the main cause!! not the keys.
always while playing halo 2 online you shall exit IDM sort of tools and other tools which uses internet because they always connect themselves to official servers just for checking updates
.And while playing you again get these errors so follow this.
See what i do always when it happens to join the same dedicated server again from which we are booted as it doesnt allow us to rejoin.
1.when in happens the same as in screen shot .first press home go to players with whom you were playing and join in the progress.if that doesnt work then press Alt+F4 and exit halo 2.
2.restart halo 2 and wait until you sign in to Live and wait until all the popups go(around30 sec to 1 min)
3.Now go to live and browse games and remember make sure no live popup comes.And press escape.Then again click on browse games and wait about 10 sec till everything loads i.e. servers and pings.
4.lastly after waiting for 10 sec double click and empty server and press b.Now choose the server you were playing earlier or from where you got booted up and join it.

you will be joined :-D