An odd, annoying, recurring problem.

TehD

Members
Nov 16, 2014
Gamertag
Hip5terSuperman
All right, I'm going to start off by saying this, I am currently using a CD Key from one of the copious amounts of CD Key archives on pastebin as I JUST had a house fire not too long ago and don't have access to my CD Key .(it survived the fire, but as I am not home, I can not USE it.) And of course that requires cracking, and blah blah blah BLAH.

Anyways, I am merely posting this for an archival of this problem, and possibly a solution.

Upon joining a game (Doesn't matter which one, pick ANY.), I'll play for a bit, y'know everything goes fine, couple of people connect, it's all good. Then suddenly after ONE person connect, I get DC'd from said game and upon letting the reconnect process follow through I find myself in a game all by myself with everyone elses names greyed out.

Upon leaving the match, I go to the browser, try to join a game, and get the typical "Can't join party, try again later" message. The only current solution to this problem I have found (As it literally will keep doing that until I do this) is to restart my PC, only to have it do it again upon ANOTHER certain person joining whatever game I am in. And I know for a fact that I am not the only one with this issue as I was just in a full 16/16 server, and upon it happening to me I checked the server population, and saw that it instantly dropped to 9.

I don't know if it's the key, I don't know if it's GFWL, I don't know if it's god himself taking a shit on my day. What I DO know, is that this is absolutely ridiculous as it wasn't even this much of a pain to get Halo ONE working after the gamespy shutdown.

If anyone has a solution, then by all means shoot, if not, then hey, whatever.
(And no, it is NOT my ports. I already tried that.)

EDIT: I said screw it and bought a copy of K&L JUST to see if this allieviated the problem.
I STILL get the same "Can not join party" error after entering the key. (Unless the activation window has something to do with this. Y'know the one that shows up if you just launch the game through the start menu.)

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
i think it would be a pcid problem not sure but when i used the pcid changer it fixed it for the most part lol

open the h2 shark and go to settings, deactivate and then reactivate and that should help joining games ? not sure but that should help

or dl the file and try it that way,

Attachments

Mar 15, 2013
It's likely the CD key. I'm sure there are some issues with people joining games with the same CD-Key hash. My advice, get a new copy or a fresh cd-key. Not sure what problems your speaking of with CE post Gamespy shutdown. I guess your talking about cd-key registration and using hacks to bypass it. Either of which i don't condone.

TehD

Members
Nov 16, 2014
Gamertag
Hip5terSuperman
Believe it or not, the problem alleviated itself... I haven't a clue how or why, but it hasn't happend to me again... Yet.