Anyone can play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2013
Not sure if it was our server or not, but the server was flashing the H2PC.org report thing. If it is our server...we just decided to let every scum bag in H2V off the hook? Cloud was in the server for Christ sakes...and lets not get started on the obvious trickery used by AppleKokoNut, NicOmatic and a few others. I've never seen accuracy rates above %59 with K/D's like 22/1 on CTF matches or otherwise. If we are letting the floodgates open again, I see no reason to work on anything for the H2MT team, if all we are doing is letting more people ruin new maps. End rant, and save the bs replies.

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Well let's get this matter out of the way.

1. We do not "own" any servers as of right now. the server that was flashing this website was probably the SiC servers.
  2. Secondly this isn't Monstrmoose or Weirdmoose, we do not judge players based on past actions nor do we accuse people of "hacking" based on K/D ratios and Hit percentages because that is not "proof" of hacking. If players are hacking simply report them and the issue will be dealt with. But as of right now these players are doing no harm so why stir up an issue.
  3. Third of all you've never seen such statistics because you were apart of a community that "banned" players that were better than them.
  4. And forth of all they do not affect you and your team in anyway so I do not see how it should affect you from doing what you do? I figured you did stuff on Halo 2 because you enjoyed it.

There is no issue here.

H2v Hub is a community for everyone that plays Halo 2 for Windows Vista, we do not exclude players. We accept everyone and anyone who wants to be apart of us. If however they are showing hostility, then actions will be dealt with accordingly.

/endrant

J2.

Members
Mar 23, 2013
A Redhead's Large Breasts
Gamertag
End J2
There is a difference between Someone hacking and someone actually being good at the game. I've been banned out of servers because I actually know how to play the video game. If someone was actually hacking, I want proof. If you don't have proof, don't open your mouth.

-Signed by J[sup]2[/sup]

Mar 6, 2013
Hell
murder-your-family.tumblr.com
Gamertag
xHayzul
AppleKokoNut hacking? You're trolling right?

But to answer your question, yes. Anyone can play until an admin has been given proof that they have been hacking on OUR servers. The community on H2v is too small to be picking and choosing at this point. We're trying to bring the community together no separate it more than it already is. We've already began our banlist. Thank you.

Kantanomo

Dev
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
Twin, I realize that you come from other communities and places that have different views on what "hacking" is and what determines if a person should be allowed inside of a community. Here at H2PC we have decided that no matter what a person's "History" is either bad or good, that they will have a clean slate and will be given a fair chance to become part of our community. Even Moose could come onto here and I would invite him with open arm's in the hope to make a big community that everyone can get along in. If there is any major problem with "Hacking" we will figure out how to handle it and ask the community what actions they think we should take, and work off it to solve all the problems.

-Kantanomo

Mar 29, 2013
Gamertag
RAINMAN116
Here is a short part of the video do you want me to upload all the video footage? I have ever second I played tonight.
[BBvideo 560,340:1knqojl3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amSuIxdHtac[/BBvideo]

Mar 15, 2013
^^ This is why I love you Kant. Thanks you. At least one respectful reply. Like I said, the server I was on was confusing because of the text it displayed, that is why I asked about it. The server list had the CTF Icon and my GT displayed so I could not tell if it was one of the H2PC servers or someone else.

And yes I realize there are people that are really good at the game, but when more than one person sees something wrong with a players actions or movements, it raises a little concern. Sometimes a statistic can prove wrong doing. We can't have our eyes on everyone all the time. I'm not the best, and I'm not the worst player. I simply look to have a good time playing, but at the same time I also try to be on the lookout for people who would rather ruin a good time. Sorry if you guys as a majority don't agree with what I say, but I certainly did not deserve the comments you left. I expected a little better...

Mar 29, 2013
Gamertag
RAINMAN116
Twinreaper said:
^^ This is why I love you Kant. Thanks you. At least one respectful reply. Like I said, the server I was on was confusing because of the text it displayed, that is why I asked about it. The server list had the CTF Icon and my GT displayed so I could not tell if it was one of the H2PC servers or someone else.

And yes I realize there are people that are really good at the game, but when more than one person sees something wrong with a players actions or movements, it raises a little concern. Sometimes a statistic can prove wrong doing. We can't have our eyes on everyone all the time. I'm not the best, and I'm not the worst player. I simply look to have a good time playing, but at the same time I also try to be on the lookout for people who would rather ruin a good time. Sorry if you guys as a majority don't agree with what I say, but I certainly did not deserve the comments you left. I expected a little better...

I hope you watched my video.

supersniper

The lost soul
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Twinreaper said:

supersniper approves of this message

Mar 29, 2013
Gamertag
RAINMAN116
supersniper said:
Twinreaper said:

supersniper approves of this message

Rainman approves this message messages.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Even when I was at MM I did not agree about banning everyone for hacking as its kind of a pointless pursuit. I still think that a single server that was pro-hacking/pro-modding and provided approved hax/mods would be popular and encourage some players to hack there and not elsewhere. Like mods that would not crash the server or cause too much lag, and if so their use would have a cool down period.

In fact, an app that would give you one of say five power-ups (one at a time, or per class kind of like Reach did) would be great. So say super speed would be one option, another would be infinite ammo, or a over-shield/camo that would only activate every so many seconds, and so on. I'm sure Kant could make a version of Ambiguous that could do just that.

Apr 1, 2013
Australia
Gamertag
Le Derp King
I believe the 'hack' was mistaken for the infamous double melee glitch. As seen at 0:51 of that video. People were using it, including Apple. I was in that match by the way. I do believe the exploiting of this glitch ruins the fun and good times that most of us Halo 2 players seek in every match we find. If our goal is to bring the community back together we could possibly (not saying we should, just a thought) set in place a rule to temporarily ban those who exploit double melee. I know quite well from my experience with Halo 2 than exploiting these glitches are frowned upon, which then leads to the victim usually screaming out "omg you noob you suck so bad dont double melee hurr duur im leaving this server" and now we have 1 less player in the community.

supersniper

The lost soul
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Van Camp said:
I believe the 'hack' was mistaken for the infamous double melee glitch. As seen at 0:51 of that video. People were using it, including Apple. I was in that match by the way. I do believe the exploiting of this glitch ruins the fun and good times that most of us Halo 2 players seek in every match we find. If our goal is to bring the community back together we could possibly (not saying we should, just a thought) set in place a rule to temporarily ban those who exploit double melee. I know quite well from my experience with Halo 2 than exploiting these glitches are frowned upon, which then leads to the victim usually screaming out "omg you noob you suck so bad dont double melee hurr duur im leaving this server" and now we have 1 less player in the community.
[tab=30]That is one angle to look at it, but if you "temp ban" players that do exploit the glitch then you will be losing that player as well. in face these types of glitches were actually utilized as a "skill" to acquire in Halo 2 Xbox, so instead of punishing players for taking advantage of a glitch that everyone can do, players should either deal with it because it will never go away, or utilize it themselves and give themselves and advantage as well.

[tab=30]How I see it is that there's really nothing you can do other than either A) accepting these glitches are there and use them yourselves or choose not to, or B) ban players for using something that is part of the game with no modifications in any way, shape, or form.

Mar 15, 2013
No Rainman, I did not watch your video. Just the title of it, and the fact that you posted it up here right away...shows what type of further immature behavior or wording I can expect from you. If it's all the same, you stay on your side, and I will stay on mine. I'll be civil, but don't expect me to go out of my way to be as such. If you want me to take you seriously, be a little more level headed when you post videos with such titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.