Bad H2V Connection?

Kantanomo

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
Earlier I was playing H2V and my connection was unusually bad (worse than the normal bad albeit), so I did some searching and harassed my ISP a little. To come and find out they were throttling my connection on the Xbox port, now that really just pissed me off. After some thought I remembered a thing I found on the vast internet alooong time ago that changes the port of GFWL, so after a ton of Google searching I found the page that I was searching for (Here) which tells you the steps to take for Overriding the Live port.
Port override

A network adapter error may also occur if your network is blocking the port Games for Windows � LIVE needs to connect. Contact your network administrator to make sure the port is open.

Open your registry in the Windows registry editor.
Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Software\Microsoft\XLive
Add a new DWORD value. Enter LivePortOverride as the name and the new port number as the value. This value must be greater than 5000 and less than 65535.

So you can either follow the steps up above to edit your PortOverride manually or you can run the script i have provided to set it.

EDIT: Forgot to add that after overriding my port, I had a noticeable difference in my connection to servers.

Attachments

Mar 22, 2013
North Carolina
Gamertag
Wattson Sucks
This is probably what has been happening to me! I was wondering why my connection has been trash. I shall try this out. :mrgreen:

Thanks Thomas!!​

Kantanomo

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
Errrr, well you should probably use a port that most isp's wouldn't throttle..... so try 10000

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Maybe Kills Alone could add his ad-prevention program here, not sure if it helps much, but maybe some!