Bootcamp = Halo: Spartan Assault

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Microsoft confirms Halo 'Bootcamp' following ratings leak

New Halo project in the works, tipped for PC

Microsoft has confirmed the existence of a Halo-related project titled 'Bootcamp', which surfaced recently via Korean Ratings.

The Microsoft-filed Korean listing, spotted by Game Front, names 'Bootcamp' as a PC online action game, with mention of Halo 3 in the description.

Little else can be gleaned from the Google-translation, but a Microsoft rep was surprisingly willing to confirm the prematurely outed project with an albeit vague statement.

"What's Bootcamp? It is not related to our Xbox One efforts, or the Reclaimer Saga, but rather a project we're very enthusiastic about and will have more to say about in the near future," said the rep.

The 'Reclaimer Saga' refers to the second Halo trilogy, which is expected to continue on the next-gen Xbox One console.

A PC port of Halo 3 would seem unlikely at this point - a full six years after it originally hit Xbox 360 - unless it were some sort of experimental free-to-play multiplayer venture (think Quake Live). The project may also be related to a Halo novel by Reed Ruiz titled Halo: Fall of Reach: Boot Camp, but nothing is confirmed.

Perhaps we'll hear more on this at E3 next month.

LINK: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/409125/microsoft-confirms-halo-bootcamp-following-ratings-leak/

343Industries Frank O’Connor (who posts to NeoGAF as “Stinkles” also chimed in.

You should probably factor that into the nature, type and scale of thing it’s going to be. I will say this though, and only this: it’s cool and something I have always wanted to do.

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
Re: Microsoft confirms Halo 'Bootcamp' for PC!

PC? Hmm, that cant be right. Maybe it will be a 'killer app' for the newly speculated Windows Suck. (i dislike the new windows 8 ui)
Otherwise, bring it! Cant wait...lol

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone

Its supposed to be a third person shooter so I hope its not some casual crap, perhaps when you aim it will go into first person aiming mode such as when you use iron-sights in some games. We will probably know more come E3 (June 11-13th).

Some have speculated that it could be an MMO, others say it could be a F2P (free to play) game. Even if its not what we all wanted (Halo 3 PC) it is a step in the right direction on Microsoft's part.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Halo: Spartan Assault Announce Trailer!

Halo: Spartan Assault Announce Trailer!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/BxsYQtltOco[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/rKjakadAOic[/youtube]

...for Windows 8 & Windows Phone 8.

Halo: Spartan Assault is a Windows 8 exclusive title that’s set for release in July 2013.

More Info

Mar 26, 2013
Gamertag
GameCreat0r

It's a little bit different from the way we hoped to play halo, but it's still what we wanted. Halo for windows.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone

I disagree, its a step in the right direction. It may not be FPS but it is MS putting some form of Halo back on the PC and with Halo 4 not being as popular as they wanted we might be getting more in the future.

As of now we still do not know if Halo Bootcamp and Halo: Spartan Assault are the same game. Last, I would love a true Halo Wars RTS on the PC.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
Halo Boot Camp NOW Spartan Assualt for win8 + win phone

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/unive ... lt-trailer

CHECK OUT THE DEBUT TRAILER!
Available only for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, Halo: Spartan Assault is a new top-down action shooter that brings a Halo video game to touch-based devices for the first time in franchise history. Developed by 343 Industries in conjunction with Vanguard Games, Halo: Spartan Assault provides an accessible, pick-up-and-play experience for fans and newcomers alike.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxsYQtltOco[/youtube]

I GUESS MICROSOFT HAS NOT LEARNED FROM HALO 2 VISTA....... "ONLY ON VISTA" YEAH THAT WORKED WELL FOR HALO 2 VISTA.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT............................

ONLY ON WINDOWS 8????? HORRIBLE MISTAKE AND I HOPE IT WILL BE FOR ALL OS'S.....................

Apr 1, 2013
Australia
Gamertag
Le Derp King
Re: Halo Boot Camp NOW Spartan Assualt for win8 + win phone

Two words, and two words only.

Fucking Gay.

Thanks for a great birthday gift 343i you faggots.

Halo is kill.

Mar 25, 2013
Houston, TX
Gamertag
PCTechmaster07

Kills Alone said:
I would love a true Halo Wars RTS on the PC
Same. From the gameplay it looks like a combination of Halo Wars with some "classic" Halo features added in.......wonder how that's gonna turn out. If they weren't doing the "Windows 8 exclusive" thing I would've pre-ordered this..........I'm fine with windows 7 for now.

Shawn said:
its a single player game. there is no multiplier on that game
Still.........Halo is Halo; while it may not be what most PC gamers want/expect this is probably the M$/343i way of "testing the waters" to see how much of a market there is for Halo on the PC still..............not that it shouldn't be obvious. :whistle:

Maybe if enough people buy this it'll convince them to port another of the Halo FPS games over.................maybe. -_-:

Shawn

Members
Feb 15, 2013
Melbourne, FL
www.shawnm5.com
Gamertag
Shawnm1700

no one ever buys single player games. (At least I dont buy most of them)
its a waste of money if you can only play on your own.
its alot funner game if there is a friend to play with/ vs

Mar 28, 2013
Gamertag
SiC I TITAN I
Re: Halo Boot Camp NOW Spartan Assualt for win8 + win phone

I Actually don't mind giving this game a shot. I'm sure someone will get this to work with windows 7 once the game is out