Bootcamp = Halo: Spartan Assault

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Re: Microsoft confirms Halo 'Bootcamp' for PC!

I'd prefer a newer Halo FPS on the PC but I don't mind this at all, except for the Win8 exclusiveness. Halo has a huge universe of possibilities and should play well in other perspectives then we are used to. After-all, Halo was originally designed as a type of third person game, so this is long overdue (besides Halo Wars which was very watered down for an RTS).

I play lots of Single Player games, and do not see a problem with them, in general they can be way better and more complex. Many gamers prefer SP gaming because lag is always a factor in online games and often it takes away from that experience, if not ruining the game completely. Shit, I still re-play the entire Half-Life series pretty much every year because those games are just that good.

Mar 15, 2013

^^ I'm gonna hold you to that emo rofl. I highly doubt both Spartan Assault and Bootcamp are the same games. They confirmed the title "Bootcamp", and it's not called Spartan Assault Bootcamp. Why would they say we will see something about Bootcamp at E3, but show us all this trailer and gameplay shiz from SA? It's definatly not the same game, just common sense.

But I have to agree and support the "testing the waters" logical approach to future Halo PC titles. They do need to test things out response wise before dedicating millions to a solid PC campaign. Look at H2V. Had they tested the waters first with betas or even other projects before releasing it the way they did, H2V may have been a dramitacally different game with tons of extras we are missing. Instead they haphazardly threw it at us to shut us PC's guys up...then they use it as a direct way to deny us future PC games by saying how not well received the game was.

I lost faith in Microsoft a long time ago. If Halo wants to survive into another decade, the franchise needs to be sold to a more serious developer and publisher.

Mar 26, 2013
Gamertag
GameCreat0r

emokid117 said:
we asked for it, and they gave it to us! lol

mark my words though, if Halo 3 or the other Halo games gets ported to PC i'll shave both my legs xD
If Halo 3 or the other halo games get ported to PC I'll shave both your legs. xD

Mar 15, 2013

Pretty much says it all. Bootcamp was the internal project name. No new real PC Halo for us. Should have known.....

Mar 28, 2013
Gamertag
SiC I TITAN I

SiC THEPRO1121 said:
hope they release halo 3 for pc, i would play that so much :)
There's no money to be made according to microsoft so they won't port it :(

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Re: Bootcamp --> Halo: Spartan Assault

Halo: Spartan Assault--the first official Halo game on PC in eons--shipped without any support for Xbox 360 controllers. It was an especially odd decision, given that the game was a twin-stick shooter. That glaring oversight is being addressed in a new title update coming August 29th.

Dubbed "Operation Hydra," the free update not only adds support for wired Xbox 360 controllers, but it also adds five new missions to the Windows 8 game.

"Rejoin Spartan Sarah Palmer as you intercept a haunting alien signal after the destruction of planet Draetheus V, and follow the signal to the core of the planet's moon where you'll discover its terrifying source. Fight with Palmer and embark on a series of new missions and new environments as you try to unravel a mystery that hits surprisingly close to home," Microsoft's official PR reads.

The update also does away with the pesky microtransactions of the original game. Now, you'll be able to buy power weapons with in-game XP, if you so wish.

If you're curious about this Halo spin-off game, but don't want to drop money on the Windows Store quite yet, a free demo will also be available on August 30th.
Operation Hydra

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
[youtube]http://youtu.be/QWcUHGzc2VM[/youtube]

Halo: Spartan Assault will be released for the Xbox One on December 24th, 2013 for $14.99 via digital download. Halo: Spartan Assault for Xbox One and Xbox 360 features over 30 missions, the all-new online Co-op mode, and the Operation Hydra expansion pack.

Fans that have purchased Halo: Spartan Assault for Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8 prior to December 15, 2013, will be eligible to purchase the Xbox One version of the game at the discounted price of $4.99.

Halo: Spartan Assault for Xbox 360 will be available in January 2014.

Pro-Tip: The price of the PC (Windows 8) version has been dropped to somewhere around $4.50. If you do about 22 days of Bing searches (around 15-16 each day) you can take $3 off of that price.