Can't get the game to run

Jun 5, 2015
Gamertag
Honfar
I cannot get this game to run for the life of me.

I'm running windows 8 and have installed all the necessary frameworks and redistributable packages but when I launch the game with H2Shark and click register, it gives me a prompt telling me it will open my game in force windowed mode with no sound and I press ok, sign into my live account, it successfully downloads my profile, then tells me there is an update available for the game, i press yes to update and the game closes without an error message to my desktop. I've tried this with and without the dwmapi.dll file in my installation directory. Additionally i receive an "Unhandled exception" microsoft .NET framework error when starting H2Shark.

I have purchased a Kane and Lynch key so I have all the necessary tools I just can't figure this out.

I have skype if anyone is willing to help me out: alec_scilovati (profile picture is ash)

thanks

Jun 5, 2015
Gamertag
Honfar
Update: i have gotten into the live section of the game and i can see active lobbys, just can't join them.

I think its because i haven't completed the "register" section of the h2shark client yet and i honestly can't figure it out. What am i supposed to do? there is no option to "Register" after you put in a "different password from your live account one" and after i put in a different one it just says im using the wrong password

EDIT: forgot to mention when i click register and it launches the game i get a .net framework error "only part of ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed" not sure what this means or how to fix it. im so close to getting this working though

EDITX2: didnt' realize it meant re-press the register button on the h2shark client, ive done that and "linked my gamertag"

Jun 5, 2015
Gamertag
Honfar
Still can't join any games, not sure the issue. Am i supposed to log into a local account?

I get the message "You can't join this part, please wait a moment or try again later"

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Update your .net (just do a full Windows Update) and run H2 Shark again.

EDIT: Just saw your next reply, make sure this file is in your H2v installation directory:
MF.DLL
~1.6 KBs

Lemme know if it helps.

Jun 5, 2015
Gamertag
Honfar
Kills Alone said:
Update your .net (just do a full Windows Update) and run H2 Shark again.

EDIT: Just saw your next reply, make sure this file is in your H2v installation directory:
MF.DLL
~1.6 KBs

Lemme know if it helps.
thanks for the response. no longer receiving errors, just can't join a game. now it seems there are no games open with actual people in them that aren't locked

while launching i get the little "H2 SHARK READY TO BITE!" message at the bottom right of my screen and I see the halo2 by linus splash

My skype name is in the original post if you have it too it might make it easier to help.

Jun 5, 2015
Gamertag
Honfar
Kills Alone said:
From what I heard last the ranked servers are not running anymore. Can you join a normal server and can you host your own?
when i click browse games it takes me to a list of servers and im unable to join any of them.. after a few seconds it gives me a standard unable to join party message, ill try creating my own now and see if anyone joins