Farewell to H2MT and H2V

Mar 15, 2013
Self explanitory. Sufice to say some bullshit went down, I made a few mistakes, and a certain person couldn't be mature enough to talk through or resolve the situation.

So, as of now I'm fired.....as if that matters. Like this was a job or something lmao. I am no longer your co leader and as of now I am certaintly no longer a member of this community. Most of you I have enjoyed gaming with and developing content with. Those particular members and times I will miss. DO NOT attempt to ask me for help, ask for content and do not expect me to come back.

Things as they are, this place has left a bad taste in my mouth. Not that it matters or will likely to happen, please remove all my contributions and content from the H2MT archive and repo. Have fun guys, Twinreaper out!

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
As I am not the type to hide anything, Twin was warned and asked why he tried to move files to Halomaps and spread lies about the teams status/intentions, thus he decided to act on his own and make decisions for the team. He made every effort to avoid talking to me via various electronic commutations I sent, nor to read our forums where he would be a little more aware of the situation.

So know that you, dear reader, know the theme and setting for our drama; let us stare into the magic 8 ball and see what he really thinks:

Talking down to people? Where do you get off judging the nature of how someone speaks, especially when someone such as you quite obviously has their head so far up their ass. Maybe you should take a look into the mirror.

As for your "memo" and communication bullshit....when did you ever ask ANYONE about moving files around, the approach in which files would be handled, or for that matter, even attempting to explain or provide your precious little team with any information regarding the youtube vidwo content you upload?

Yeah I went ahead and spoke for the team since EVERYONE does nothing at this point anyway. I really don't care about being off the team. There never really was a team to begin with. It was mostly a huge "Feed Kills Ego" fest most of the time. There was no cohesion, no group work and group colaberation. I think you really need to re-evaluate what a team is.

As for content......excuse me? As if any work that has been done since 2005 is something special? I know you were late to the Halo modding party, but all the notes and research you did, was nothing unknown to me. I've been around the mod scene far longer than you.

But you know what, it doesn't matter anymore. At the end of the day your just a sad whining infant who is mad because he couldnt properly lead a team OR even try to be an actual adult and resolve things without escalating them. So fuck you, eat shit and have fun with your dead sorry excuse for a game, and your even shittier source.

and my response:

Not sure why you would think otherwise, but I've been modding games since 1995. I've been modding Halo 2 since 2005, Halo Xbox/PC much earlier, you make a lot of assumptions.

You can talk down on H2MT efforts all you want, we got further then anyone else, heck since 2007 we were filling in new tags, had the first functional custom weapons/vehicles/server mods/the list goes on, well before I invited you to join. Knowledge that built on my work from H2x modding over Live/XB Connect/X-Link Kai and the teams various skill-sets.

Some people want a challenge, thats why we mod H2v. I have taken that knowledge and applied it every PC iteration of Halo in whatever capacity I can. It wasn't Kills Alone servers, it was MonstrMoose, WW, SmG, MM H2MT, and various others I volunteered my time and skills with. Its not KillsAlone.com, its Halo2Vista.com and H2MT.org. My goals are many, I've always wanted to bring the community together and encourage growth. It has nothing to do with my ego bro, I like helping people for the sake of helping people, it encourages others to do the same. I know it goes against the mentality of many a modder around me and I care not. H 2 M T, as in Team. A team talks, again, I talk to who I'm working with, I release stuff all the time. Modded H2 so hard I made a custom edition: H2.5, you can do this huh? Because no-one has done this, no one else. Even with the original tags you would still need to sidestep many restrictions, most of which I have. So go ahead, link me to one person who has made their own 100% custom edition of Halo 2 PC. No, see thats why I'm the boss and you don't know your place, shit-rat.

I get people asking me for tips and guides on a weekly basis, still, after all these years. Thats why the Repo is there so they can help themselves, in addition to it we have the forums that also links to and explains the same data/info, what with Kant taking the Repo down I have been getting even more requests, so I moved everything to my OneDrive which everyone on the team (or anyone that reads the forums) knows about, the Essential Collection has always been hosted there. I created the team so I make some decisions obviously, I made the Repo and helped with this forum so we could have communication, if you don't use those you cannot blame others, for years we tried to get you in TeamSpeak meetings, for years. Somehow that is my fault that you cannot answer simple communications? Forums, Email, PM, YouTube, TeamSpeak, Live, Skype, Twitter, the list goes on where we communicate.

With less online restrictions & a new engine, Halo PC modding is now bigger then ever before. If you cannot see that you are blind.

Speaking of ego, I had both the keys to MonstrMoose & full Admin status offered here and declined both; I don't want power or attention, I want results.

Our team has accomplished so much, especially when you think about all the hurdles. Yes, many members have moved on to newer Halos or other games (id Software games are so sick btw), or to pursue research/education in another area. I know I have, but that does not mean I have ever given up on Halo 2 PC improvement or the teams VARIOUS efforts. Now with Halo back online, in three different forms (Patched HCE, Project Cartographer H2PC, ElDewrito), we can can continue online research at a faster rate. Honestly though, the research never stopped. I really appreciate PNill's efforts to restore H2PC, but we must remember that he built on many years of others research as well, others that had various skill-sets and most of which have moved on, that is the way these things work out, many minds, and often a few years of waiting, some people get impatient, the rest of us were off modding Halo: Online, but anyone who asks me or follows anything I do online knows I always gravitate back to some form of Halo 2 modding. I expect the team to change, I expect members to leave, or some to get tired/burnt; Halo 2 is not a friendly giant after-all. How do we know so much about Halo 2PC, from previous Halos, that is how it works, you go back and forth and some of that knowledge carries over in ways you would not at first expect. If I'm off modding Halo: Online or DOOM 420 I will only post so much about that here.

Funny, Twin complained about YouTube something or other, beside copyright infractions I love YT, I always try and make the effort to include links or a detailed description, often including the files I am currently working with. I was just modding Messiah the other day for another modding site, then some old Unreal Warfare 2003, the original Gears of War. Sometimes I think I mod too much, so get off my back already. I don't have the time to post everything I do. The team has been slow in releases but that does not mean nothing was happening, again, some of that research played a role in restoring online. Going around telling people I am hoarding content and that the team is dead, well, yeah you're fired, what else did you expect? He goes on to take credit for everything we ever did...here take a gander:

Good day gents, since Kills and the rest of the team have been officially off development and semi-retired from the group I have decided to post up our collective works. Since the move to Google Drive, Kills left our content inaccessible to pretty much anyone outside the H2MT. Below is a link to a live version of our defunct H2MT Repo as well as the last current version of our live website featuring all out work. The only links you cannot access for certain reasons, is the sub content labeled "Kills alone, Twinreaper and Killer Chief".

All i ask is that you do not reuse our content or apps for your own branding or redistribution with tweaks. If you want to use our content for mapping or private use, that is fine. If you need approval to distribute tags or content, just drop me a line with your request and i will consider it. thanks to everyone who kept us motivated and going to bring you this fantastic quality content!!!

http://vyrantstudios.azurewebsites.net/index.html

None of that is true, as I have already outlined. Thats not a mistake, that is a blatant disregard for the rest of the team. Hey, lets take all our exclusive content and progress and upload it to various locations so everyone has different versions of everything (even though we were asked not to) rather then keep it in one location where the end-user gets the right files. Testing maps for years over Live taught me this, there will always be one guy who's internet is so bad he keeps rejoining only to indefinitely pause that server's operations as everyone sits in the lobby, until they leave. My efforts are always towards keeping the game alive, playable, & expandable. I applaud the recent efforts. Tunngle was a less attractive option. The next step is a new ISO...

There is always modding to do. Be it in this Halo or the next. :)

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
This is just...ridiculous.

(Also you told me it was Dennis who posted most of the H2MT content onto halomaps.org Kills!)

Right when Halo on the PC is stronger than ever, You pull off a stunt like this?!?!
If you would just take a second to pull your thumb out of your godforsaken ASSHOLE, then you'd understand why YOUR in the wrong.

Twinreaper said:
Things as they are, this place has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Why do you think that?
Honestly, give me an actual reason as to why you feel this way
Dya wanna know what i think?
its because you wasn't involved AT ALL with H2MT from the start. Not checking forums? Teamspeak? How the hell can you call yourself 'Co-Leader Of H2MT' when you weren't around most of the time. If you honestly think that H2MT was just a means of feeding KillsAlone's Ego for this long, then why did you stay on? HE can't manage the team all by himself, maybe this is why things turned out this way. Its A TEAM EFFORT, EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE INVOLVED. I believe this should have been reiterated at least once in the past, but what's done is done.

I've been carefully observing the H2PC community for some time now, I've seen people come and go, and the game's rep destroyed time and time again. You honestly think that people would care if YOU left? As far as I'm concerned, your just another asshole contributing to the poor rep that the Halo PC Community has.

Oh Yes. You mentioned something about being an adult right?
About handling situations maturely?

Twinreaper said:
...try to be an actual adult and resolve things without escalating them. So fuck you, eat shit and have fun with your dead sorry excuse for a game, and your even shittier source.
Oh My.
How. Fucking. Ironic.

You sir, win the FUCKING IMBECILE OF THE YEAR AWARD.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
I had hoped this wouldn't escalate, as you reiterated H2PC has had way too much of this drama in the past. I had to say something and his response might have left some wounds...if this wasn't my first rodeo. TwinReaper is a talented BSP maker, I never said otherwise. Not sure why he's taking it so personally, I feel he is using this as an excuse to leave the game and thats fine, most have, its just....make up your own mind rather then letting strangers make it for you, right? If you are burnt out on H2v then take a break, I did, but again, that doesn't mean I'm over it; lack of online play killed enthusiasm for most a player/modder.

I was talking about recent actions he took about a month back. I don't visit Halomaps very often anymore, was searching Google and came across a few of his ridiculous posts, I've seen him go off the deep end before but I figured it was his personal life getting to him and thats none of my damn business.

I don't see a problem with working on other Halo games or other games in general. Even CMT was talking about making Halo: Online maps recently, something I'm looking forward to once the tools mature and/or MS/343i/Innova 4Games release an updated version of the game. I don't see why Twin is so critical of H2PC & H:O, I think he is disappointed with what he has been able to accomplish and I get that, I've gotten so close to H2.5 perfection but I needed something like Project Cartographer to help push it forward, this has always been the plan, the plan any H2MT member should be aware of, an open and possibly free H2PC. For example; just because someone is gone does not mean their maps die. Going back over the last few years and modding many an older title such as DOOM, QUAKE, Half-Life, Halo CE, it gives me a lot of perspective for different styles of what makes a game a game.

Frankly, H2MT is not the best name nor has it ever been, its just what fit, internally we often call ourselves the H2 Crew, or just the Crew, which Twin would know if he ever came on TeamSpeak back when we had a decent amount of people using it.

I have run creative teams professionally since I was a teen. My approach depends on the individual teammate & their talents. I do not ride them, I let them do as they please, I offer a few goals and layout who can help them accomplish said goals and what resources are available. Some members are a pretty green in some areas, they are not expected to unlock the H2EK overnight. Most members are good at one or two things, that is their skill-set. I was the main member behind H2.5 progress so that was my focus, I have plans to try and revisit it again, at the least I want to release the ISO I described in another post, that has always been part of the plan for years now. With all the new custom content my dream was for Halo 2.5 to be the next Custom Edition of Halo 2 pre-loaded with more new assets then anyone knew what to do with, I want a mix of Halos, I want to create sometime like GMod (Garry's Mod) for Halo 2. Then news came of Halo: Online, just when I was feeling really stuck, even though I'd come so far. Halo: Online is very close to what I wanted in H2.5, at least in respect to the massive amount of weapons/biped/vehicles, and new maps were coming out, hopefully that continues. So, I like Halo: Online, I think this going to be an amazing years for games. Great things often happen every decade or so, what did we get about a decade back? Half-Life 2, DOOM 3, Far Cry, and Unreal Tournament 2004, those games forever changed the scene, great things are always on the horizon.

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
aw man I hate when bad things happen with our such small community. When the summer comes I am definitely working on our website to bring back an experience like no other.

twinreaper I hope we can all resolve our differences in the near future after we all calm down a bit. It has always been a blast watching the work H2MT has done for the game on the custom scene.

Mar 20, 2013
NY
Gamertag
Spazieyyy
supersniper said:
aw man I hate when bad things happen with our such small community. When the summer comes I am definitely working on our website to bring back an experience like no other.

twinreaper I hope we can all resolve our differences in the near future after we all calm down a bit. It has always been a blast watching the work H2MT has done for the game on the custom scene.

lol a community you mean of a whole 10 people or less this game is pretty much dead.