"Flerbershlerber" speedhack

Feb 20, 2018
Kansas
Gamertag
MetalHeadJon95
I want to begin my repeal by saying that I still deserve to be punished and regardless of what my intent was; I still modded, I still played unfairly and I put myself on a first class flight to Banhammer City. My reason for this repeal is not so I can beg to be unbanned, but to request that I have my ban changed to a suspension of some sort (maybe a week or even a month), but not a permanent ban.

I joined a game of Capture the Flag on Backwash, things were going pretty good, my team ended up gaining the lead, everyone was having fun. But after a while I noticed that our flag was being captured very quickly repeatedly, so I go back to my base to investigate and see a player of the opposite team speed by and pick up the flag and capture it in a matter of seconds. Our team started losing quickly and I began recording the game with GeForce Experience and I was going to report that player, but where I messed up next was when I stopped recording and decided that I wanted to compete against him on the same level (because I like modding Campaign from time to time, so I have the know-how and wanted to take matters into my own hands.)

I started editing the value of my run speed to compete with his out of retaliation. I guess I did this because I wanted my team to be proud of me, I would NEVER have done this if he wasn't hacking. But of course I can't put all the blame on him, because I'm just as bad for stooping to his level. What I did was petty and immature and I want to make it clear that I DO NOT hack online. In fact, that was the core reason I gave up playing Halo 2 on Xlink Kai because it was always infuriating to join a game and see a guy flying around with an auto-aim BR. So i'm actually against modding online. I just thought it'd be some epic competition, like hacker vs hacker idk. In the end we both just look like losers and I wish I could take what I did back. I pour countless hours into playing Project Cartographer just to have some crappy mistake ruin everything for me. After the guy left I tried to lower my speed down to normal but was having a difficulty remembering the exact value the normal run speed was and I didn't want to just close Assembly in fear that it would crash my game because it was using the Halo 2 process to poke changes to (which now I would definitely take a game crashing over a ban).

My intent was never to be malicious, and I mean it when I say I'm sorry. I know I'm just another person singing the same old song with this kind of post, but you never know, people make mistakes. People can change. I made a mistake and am taking full responsibility for it and am just asking to have a lighter punishment so that I may eventually get back to the countless hours of ass kickin'. Thank you for taking the time to read.