H2Online LAN Function

Apr 18, 2016
New here, first post. I love that Halo 2 still has a good community. I have been using H2Online to play games online but for some reason I cannot get it to work over a local network. I am able to see the games in the server list but when I go to join it fails. Has anyone had any luck using over LAN?

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
Either you haven't port forwarded (1000 - 1006 udp i think it was)
OR
I think from memory that was a limitation with H2Online/xlive where there can't be 2 users under the same external IP address (search IP address on google and it will tell you yours). I cant test as i'm at college but maybe someone else can confirm.

Apr 18, 2016
Thanks KILLER CHIEF. We only want to play against each other on our own local network at work. Everyone can see the game that one person has started but nobody is able to join. I'm wondering if it is because none of us have a product ID. Microsoft originally had a limitation that prevented anybody from playing over the network that had the same product ID.

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
It should work if you have MF.dll installed (it bypasses the Product ID shit apparently).
Otherwise if you remove the xlive.dll from your halo 2 install (move it to a new folder) and use the default/original one (you'll need to install g4wl and potentially pinch the vanilla one out of your "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\xlive.dll" and put it in your/friends h2 install directories for it to work on their machines also (otherwise install the game normally and all those dependancies should be solved).
Dunno, i haven't had the change to fully test that idea out, so you may have to do a little more fiddling. (doing this would let you use the actual/original LAN browser)
Good Luck

PNill

Lead Dev
Oct 25, 2015
Gamertag
TDxPermaNulled
I'll clarify this, H2Online aka Project Cartographer does not support normal LAN functionality and will only support online play.

The only reason you're able to see the server which is being hosted is due to it being routed through our broadcast server.

This also isn't a feature we plan to add as the intentions of project cartographer are not to remove protections or crack the game but simply allow people to play online together now that the live systems are down without the need of tunnels.