Halo 2 Campaign help.

Aug 23, 2016
Gamertag
Swaghettii
Hey guys, I bought halo 2 a year ago for my windows 7 pc to find out that it wasnt working due to the invalid product key bug. Soo just recently I downloaded Project Cartographer and everything started working almost perfectly. That was until I got a bit deeper in the campaign and started noticing random FPS drops every minute or so but they only lasted about a second so it wasn't a big deal. Then later I realized that every time I complete a mission and go onto the next one I get extreme frame lag. the game is choppy and nearly unplayable. So I restarted the game each time this happens and it fixes the problem. But then I get to the "gravemind" mission and it lags like all hell. I have to keep restarting the game to stop the lag. It's quite frustrating and I need help asap.

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
Its due to Project Cartographer bugging out when the player gets a campaign achievement (Go Ape Shiv, etc)

When you complete a level, the game will try to give you the achievement, but because Project Cartographer doesn't have that function coded properly it will lag the game out attempting to write the achievement to something that doesn't exist. Your best bet is to restart halo 2 and go from your last saved checkpoint.

Aug 23, 2016
Gamertag
Swaghettii
UF ShadowTeddy said:
Its due to Project Cartographer bugging out when the player gets a campaign achievement (Go Ape Shiv, etc)

When you complete a level, the game will try to give you the achievement, but because Project Cartographer doesn't have that function coded properly it will lag the game out attempting to write the achievement to something that doesn't exist. Your best bet is to restart halo 2 and go from your last saved checkpoint.
So is there no way to fix this? Not even if I go into the games files? Thanks for responding so fast btw

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
No, there isn't a way to fix this. What some people tend to do is remove the Xlive.dll (Project Cartographer) before playing Halo 2 (to gain achievements if logged in via Xbox Live account) and then replace it afterwards once they're done (so they can play multiplayer)

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
idk123 said:
Soo just recently I downloaded Project Cartographer and everything started working almost perfectly.
Are you sure you have Project Cartographer even setup?
Cause you claim to have Project Cartographer setup when you don't know/don't have Xlive.dll in the games root install dir.
Post a screenshot of the C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Halo 2/ folder (Make sure said screenshot has every possible file in that folder.)

Aug 23, 2016
Gamertag
Swaghettii
UF ShadowTeddy said:
idk123 said:
Soo just recently I downloaded Project Cartographer and everything started working almost perfectly.
Are you sure you have Project Cartographer even setup?
Cause you claim to have Project Cartographer setup when you don't know/don't have Xlive.dll in the games root install dir.
Post a screenshot of the C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Halo 2/ folder (Make sure said screenshot has every possible file in that folder.)
I am a noob at this stuff but isn't Project Cartographer the "h2vonline" that I downloaded? That's the only thing that makes the game playable