Halo 2 Vista Multiplayer Online has been SAVED

Kantanomo

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
This news does look promising, but it could just be a very well worded statement.

If you read it carefully, it states "User will no longer be able to purchase or get new games on the GFWL Platform. But still be able to download the games already on the account". That leads me to believe that they are still shutting of game servers, but allowing you to still download your digitally purchased games.

tl/dr: i dont think thats what it means :(

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
Sweet hope something happens in a good way lol

Trying to get 343i to explain why new cd-keys aren't working and that the 1-800 number isn't helping lol

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
I'm sorry if I'm not feeling so enthusiastic about this, but just NO!

It hasn't been saved, it has been sabotaged. How blind are you?

By refusing to patch H2V, nor fix the various problems with the game such as CD keys that do not work/hacking/broken H2EK/unoptimized engine, nor will they offer a digital distribution version, they (343i/MS) have effectively killed this version of Halo 2. Look how many players there are now in H2V, they could do something about that, instead they are continuing to do nothing but let it rot.

I am not appreciative of that in the least. MS doesn't give a shit about PC gamers and neither does 343i so they can go fuck themselves; for now on I'll only be purchasing games from Steam.

Summer began on Saturday, June 21, 2014 and ends on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 (in 85 days). MS said they would reveal their plans for PC Games sometime this summer. That means they have a period of about 3 months to do so...

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
They abandoned the game immediately after release. They are not going to fix or patch anything. They are not going to fix Mic support. They are not going to release the working H2EK. How is the game saved? What, because they didn't take down the server list and refused to give PC players the MCC? Whoa, I'm so excited to be missing out, thanks for saving the day MS.

What is interesting though is how many of the so called exclusives are only temporary exclusives and are coming to PC such as:
Fable: Anniversary
Dead Rising 3
Ryse: Son of Rome
Titanfall
Tomb Raider: Rise of the Tomb Raider
(terrible fucking title, hopefully this one has some actual tombs to explore, you would think so since the word Tomb is used not once but twice in the title)