Halo 5

Mar 25, 2013
Houston, TX
Gamertag
PCTechmaster07
I'm not surprised by this.......they'll need it to get people to buy the Xbox One.

I will not be buying this or the X1 though......still a little annoyed bit livid on the fact that my current 360 games are basically wasted money (no backwards compatibility). :down:

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Well yeah but that has more to do with the architecture of the new console. Its now x86 AMD based, as opposed to the PowerPC setup the 360 used. The best part about consoles going AMD x86 is that it will be extremely easy to port games back and forth between PC and consoles.

You can still keep your 360 and play the older games there, no problem unless they kill off the 360 as fast as they did the OG Xbox.

Mar 25, 2013
Houston, TX
Gamertag
PCTechmaster07
Kills Alone said:
he best part about consoles going AMD x86 is that it will be extremely easy to port games back and forth between PC and consoles.
That is true......maybe they're starting to finally looking into getting more of thier games onto the pc again.

My only concern in the end with anything related to the 360 is how long the system's hardware will last (most original Xbox systems are long dead); which means some of these 360 only titles may have a limited life-span. 0_o

Maybe (though unlikely at this point) Microsoft will be able to get some form of emulation for 360 titles either on the PC or X1.

On topic: as far as Halo 5 goes I don't think this will be out until this time next year.........just a guess on my end though.

Apr 1, 2013
Australia
Gamertag
Le Derp King
That is one cool trailer. I hope they make Halo 5 as a PC release as well but I doubt it since they will need it so people will buy the new console.
If what you are saying is true Kills, maybe the best option if Microsoft don't give us a Halo 5 PC, would be to port it over. If we have some nice skills, we could even setup our own private server version of the game and host online matches.

Mar 26, 2013
Gamertag
GameCreat0r
Van Camp said:
That is one cool trailer. I hope they make Halo 5 as a PC release as well but I doubt it since they will need it so people will buy the new console.
You're reading my mind again aren't you?

Van Camp said:
If what you are saying is true Kills, maybe the best option if Microsoft don't give us a Halo 5 PC, would be to port it over. If we have some nice skills, we could even setup our own private server version of the game and host online matches.
Here you lost me. Are you suggesting people from this community might be able to port halo 5 to PC? I wanna see that happen. :giggle:

Apr 1, 2013
Australia
Gamertag
Le Derp King
Haha, I did say "if we have some nice skills" and by nice skills I mean really nice. Even then, It may even be impossible. But then again, if microsoft wont give us a Halo 5 PC release, it may be an option to port it over ourselves or wait for someone to create a Xbox One emulator. I'm only going by what Kills said about this, since the consoles use AMD setups, it will be more compatible with AMD based desktop computers. So, a port may be easier.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Forcibly-Ported Indie Game to Get 'Enhanced Director's Cut' for PC

The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile, an Xbox 360-only indie game that a Russian pirate "ported" over to PC as "a restoration of justice" will get an official PC release, the game's studio said this evening.
And by using the x86 architecture it WILL be much easier to do:

-Xbox One runs a version of Windows 8 as well, and Direct-X 11.

-You can plug external HDDs and USB sticks into it, and Ethernet. Non-proprietary data ports make everything easier.

-The original Xbox was equivalent to a 733 MHz x86 Intel Celeron/Pentium III and it was very easy to modify everything about the system once it was soft-modded. The files could be edited/stored on a PC and uploaded through an FTP connection. I ran many emulators on my Xbox's as well.

-Lets not confuse emulation with porting though. Porting from a system like this could be as simple as bypassing some security, copying the games data files, and possibly disabling some online checks

Apr 1, 2013
Australia
Gamertag
Le Derp King
Kills Alone said:
Forcibly-Ported Indie Game to Get 'Enhanced Director's Cut' for PC

The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile, an Xbox 360-only indie game that a Russian pirate "ported" over to PC as "a restoration of justice" will get an official PC release, the game's studio said this evening.
And by using the x86 architecture it WILL be much easier to do:

-Xbox One runs a version of Windows 8 as well, and Direct-X 11.

-You can plug external HDDs and USB sticks into it, and Ethernet. Non-proprietary data ports make everything easier.

-The original Xbox was equivalent to a 733 MHz x86 Intel Celeron/Pentium III and it was very easy to modify everything about the system once it was soft-modded. The files could be edited/stored on a PC and uploaded through an FTP connection. I ran many emulators on my Xbox's as well.

-Lets not confuse emulation with porting though. Porting from a system like this could be as simple as bypassing some security, copying the games data files, and possibly disabling some online checks
I hope everything you've said here is true. A question, will this also work with PS4 games or Wii U games? I'm assuming not.