Help getting GFWL working with H2V

Diem

Members
Sep 6, 2016
Gamertag
Diem
So I just installed H2V for the first time in a while, but GFWL isn't working with it like it used to. It doesn't show up to sign me in at the start. I installed it with my disc and everything, but nothing's shown up. I went and installed the latest GFWL client from Xbox.com, but it's not recognizing that I have Halo 2 installed and vice versa. I installed H2Online before GFWL, if that screwed anything up.

And now when I start Cairo Station it's saying that I have an "Invalid Checkpoint" and have to continue without achievements. I'd like to continue WITH them.

I had this all working about a year ago, on Windows 10, but now it's not working so well. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Side note: How would I get 8x MSAA? I've heard "NVidia Inspector" but I can't find it.

Aug 20, 2015
Gamertag
guy298
Unless if something changed since I've been gone, h2online (project cartographer) removes the need to use the GFWL interface. Unfortunately, if you're going for achievements, you'll have to start again with a clean install of halo 2 vista, without project cartographer. I was able to get all the multiplayer achievements using this guide. Once you figure out what you're doing with cheatengine, it's quite easy.

Also, if you want to cheese the campaign achievements, you can replace the map files with renamed copies of the intro cutscene's map file, start a new campaign on legendary, and press space a bunch to get all the level/difficulty achievements. I think you still have to get the achievement for doing a mission on normal without dying though.I hope this helps!

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
No no no, He wants GFWL setup with Halo 2 so he can Get achievements , as project cartographer removes + replaces GFWL. This means that all achievements functionality has been broken (look at my previous posts regarding achievements as to why it doesn't work)

Mar 20, 2016
Diem said:
So I just installed H2V for the first time in a while, but GFWL isn't working with it like it used to. It doesn't show up to sign me in at the start. I installed it with my disc and everything, but nothing's shown up. I went and installed the latest GFWL client from Xbox.com, but it's not recognizing that I have Halo 2 installed and vice versa. I installed H2Online before GFWL, if that screwed anything up.

And now when I start Cairo Station it's saying that I have an "Invalid Checkpoint" and have to continue without achievements. I'd like to continue WITH them.

I had this all working about a year ago, on Windows 10, but now it's not working so well. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Side note: How would I get 8x MSAA? I've heard "NVidia Inspector" but I can't find it.
H2Online and GFWL are incompatible, and achievements are part of GFWL explicitly. Follow guy298's link to cheese the currently impossible achievements.

UF ShadowTeddy said:
No no no, He wants GFWL setup with Halo 2 so he can Get achievements , as project cartographer removes + replaces GFWL. This means that all achievements functionality has been broken (look at my previous posts regarding achievements as to why it doesn't work)
I think that's more or less what he said. ;)

Aug 20, 2015
Gamertag
guy298
Anyway, Diem, feel free to reply or message me if you have any other achievement questions.