How to add campaign AI to other maps

Apr 20, 2016
Gamertag
redjackit
Hi I was wondering how i can put a AI from another map to another campaign map or a multiplayer map. For example a brute in the map "The Great Journey" which I want to add in other maps like the campaign map called "outskirts" or another multiplayer map. Is there a way to put that model to another map which does not have that model?
Thanks for helping.

-omerabi1

PNill

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Oct 25, 2015
Gamertag
TDxPermaNulled
Killzalone would be the best person to help you attempt this the most I've found out about it so far is it has to do with char tags, let me know if I'm wrong Killzalone.

Mar 20, 2016
There aren't any public modding tools currently capable of .map injection in Halo 2 Vista, nor have I seen it done before in singleplayer. Shock's old Turf tool, however, was actually capable of calling up the elite biped tag from shared.map to Turf's elite char, so it may be possible to do the same on Outskirts since the brute biped is also located in the singleplayer shared map. In that case, all you should really need is a set of char and style files you'd be willing to replace for a new Brute char/style, and then have the Brute char reference the shared map for its biped.

You'd really have to ask Kills Alone or the console modders for specifics about doing that though.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
The first video is running on Halo 2 Xbox, which has different restrictions then Halo 2 Vista. You could mix and match the campaign & multiplayer tags (assets) with more ease in H2x.

The second video is using AI that is already on a default campaign map. Each campaign map has the AI tags for whichever characters are in that scenario (that map or part of the story). Some maps have characters that are only used in cinematic form, via modding we can add them to the gameplay and and change the permutations of each character as well, so a Marine can be reconfigured into an ODST, or a hybrid of both.

We can reorganize the AI and change all of their properties but we cannot mix and match the assets from one map to another until we have the extracted models and animations for each character, or with a tool that could inject from one map to another. I have been asking around again for access to a tool that would allow the extraction of these assets, however, those that I have asked so far do not have access to it.

Apr 20, 2016
Gamertag
redjackit
Thank you for replying. Well could you still help me out on spawning AI? you did it in your other maps right. Do you use an editor or something?

supersniper

The lost soul
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Kills Alone said:
The first video is running on Halo 2 Xbox, which has different restrictions then Halo 2 Vista. You could mix and match the campaign & multiplayer tags (assets) with more ease in H2x.

The second video is using AI that is already on a default campaign map. Each campaign map has the AI tags for whichever characters are in that scenario (that map or part of the story). Some maps have characters that are only used in cinematic form, via modding we can add them to the gameplay and and change the permutations of each character as well, so a Marine can be reconfigured into an ODST, or a hybrid of both.

We can reorganize the AI and change all of their properties but we cannot mix and match the assets from one map to another until we have the extracted models and animations for each character, or with a tool that could inject from one map to another. I have been asking around again for access to a tool that would allow the extraction of these assets, however, those that I have asked so far do not have access to it.
There's a tool that can extract the assets?? I've never heard of this before.

Mar 20, 2016
omerabi1 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR5r04A7VGg
Killsalone how did you ever add brutes and Jackles to the battlefield. I know there tags are in the map but how did you add these guys?
He likely took existing character tags and switched their "unit" to the "brute" and "jackal" bipeds, then fixed the rest of those character tags to resemble the normal properties of a brute and jackal.

supersniper

The lost soul
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Kills Alone said:
Basically this, however, they did not have proper AI so I had to borrow/replace existing AI. Typically I replace a mid level Grunt or a wounded Marine.
Is this because we cannot add in new AI scripting packaging?
What happens if you replace a static object with an AI such as a box on outskirts into a brute. will it lack the proper AI because the original object is not an AI to begin with?

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
I should clarify; I reroute the mid level Grunt AI so it no longer points to higher Grunts and so lower Grunts no longer point at it. Then I modify that Grunts AI so that it matches something like a Brute. At the end of the day it has new values and it points to generic.ai.

No Super, its more like one tag type calls another, so a char/biped always needs to call on those other parts like the models and it will as long as they are there and it knows their name/location, if we swapped a box on Outskirts to a Brute, well, not sure if that could be done through traditional means because they are from separate collections. Plus the Brute is not on Outskirts :(

If we could import from H2x we could set up crazy scenario cross overs (MP meets SP) inside of H2x then port them over, using that technique we cold have all assets in one map. I swear there must be a way to convince H2Tool.exe to dump the tags to a folder rather then a map file. We will get there someday.

Apr 20, 2016
Gamertag
redjackit
Kills Alone said:
Basically this, however, they did not have proper AI so I had to borrow/replace existing AI. Typically I replace a mid level Grunt or a wounded Marine.
How do you do it? what tool did you use.

Mar 20, 2016
omerabi1 said:
What tool do you use? how do you swap the positions of the characters?
Assembly is realistically the only tool you should need.

Inside Assembly, each character should have (x,y,z) coordinates inside the scenario (or scnr) tag folder.

Everything you need to know should be available here.