I had a little insperation.

Kantanomo

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
Just a little peek at what I am working on.
[img=center]http://i.imgur.com/zytrBA2.png[/img]

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Other options that might be good:

-The new DLL mod

-H2MT/H2PC.org H2V intro video replacement option

-Integrated custom/H2.5 map down-loader

-Custom campaign down-loader with automatic backups made of their original campaign maps

-Original MainMenu and all of their previous custom MP maps sent to a backup directories if they install either MM Mod or custom maps

-Built-in 7-zip exaction support (7-zip are smaller and what I've converted almost all map pack archives to)

Kantanomo

Dev
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
The problem with your Compressed things is that you did them as a self extracting Archive which makes my job a lot harder.

Kantanomo

Dev
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
Its because they are a .exe and not a compressed file, its just developer bullshit.

Mar 15, 2013
One of the biggest turn-offs also for the Zip-exe archive is that a lot of people like to be able to open up archives, and see first, what they are extracting. It's one thing to tell people what is inside of it, but it is quite another to actually "see" it before you just click away with it.

I have no problem either way, as I have faith and trust in all my fellow H2PC enthusiasts. However, a vast majority of people are usually wary of self extracting things.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Zip (such as WinZip makes use of) support is built into Windows since at least Vista, maybe even XP.

For 7-Zip executable archives; as long as you have 7-Zip installed you just right click on one and select the 7-Zip menu, then Open archive. You can even extract individual files, remove files or add more files.

Besides that the benefit is supposed to be that they do not necessarily need 7-Zip installed and the compression cannot be beat. We could offer them in .7z format but I doubt most people would care.

But yeah I get what you mean about people not wanting to open .exe's.

Kantanomo

Dev
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
SHIIiiiitt, Ill open source this tool if that's what it takes to get people to use it.