I miss the old days of halo players in the thousands

Feb 13, 2017
Gamertag
Dicorius[XVD]
Is this game truly dead, or is it just "Dead". Also I love the Halo series, and am still saddened that there is only 2 "True" Halo games on the PC. I have a ton of the lore novels but sadly no XBox 360 or XBox 1, so i have never really been able to really play Halo in its true form. But here i find this not even 2 days ago

Jun 23, 2015
Welcome to the community. Right now, this game has seen exponential growth and progress. Our player count continues to increase everyday. I hope you can stay and truly experience what Halo 2 PC has to offer because we have big updates planned in the next couple of weeks. Also, 360s are really cheap right now, around $30-$50 on eBay.

Feb 13, 2017
Gamertag
Dicorius[XVD]
Alright cool, I might go order one, just to play the absolute hell out of the halo games to relive a solid nostalgia trip. Thanks!

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
Spread the word of H2V to your friends. Welcome to the community, hope you enjoy your stay.

Feb 13, 2017
Gamertag
Dicorius[XVD]
I will, It already looks like fun, and I'm in the processs of downloading the updates and stuff for it. I cant wait to jump in!

Mar 14, 2017
I honestly just miss how Bungie handled the Halo series since 343 stripped it of the gritty military atmosphere that everyone liked in Halo and Microsoft decreed it a desecrated cash cow, and I can definitely appreciate that there's serviceable ports of the first two Halo games for PC that the fans continue to maintain and create custom content for.

Though that's basically just me pining for the days of Halo Reach, when you could just stumble into players in Matchmaking and it still managed to not be reduced to a shiny chrome sci-fi fantasy made to milk microtransactions.

And yes it is entirely possible to bring back thousands of players, we could advertise to nostalgic fans that these PC ports are easy to set up for online play in [CURRENT YEAR] and point them to sites like this. Whether many of them would take that up is subjective, but some promotion of this kickass scene never hurts.

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
Need to get this website on the front page of the google search 'Halo 2' ;)
It is for 'Halo 2 Vista' but y'know.

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
It's awesome!
Just out of curiosity, there should be a way to view how many people use Project Cartographer.
Have a live update thingo on this forum somewhere.

Apr 23, 2017
Gamertag
WombleBeee
The community seems to be cool.
I really hope the population continues to grow, im a long time Halo fan. Been praying H2 comes back around and i only discovered this last week. I think it should be more talked about, maybe on a montager's channel on YouTube or something.
HYENA
HYENA
WHERE FOR ART THOU HYENA?

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
It would be awesome to get coverage from a big Youtuber regarding this project. If only...

May 17, 2016
USA
Gamertag
Hold Em5
We're the 3rd thing that pops up on google if you search "halo 2" behind the wikipedia page and the halo 2 wikia, not bad.