Issues after Halo install

May 1, 2017
I'm having a few issues after installing halo 2 vista. Before I say anymore I will say that I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. Also I'm running Windows 10 with an old Dell Optiplex, an i5 processor and nVidia GT 730 (fan-less variant); drivers are fully updated and latest version of the .NET framework is installed (4.7).
Anyways after launch I get an error message telling me that an "unhanded exception" isn't available in the .NET framework (see attachment). I'm also getting the issue where if I don't skip the intro video the game seems to freeze. Lastly the launcher gets stuck after quitting the game so I have to force quit it via task manager. Any ideas would be helpful.
EDIT: launcher now gets stuck updating as of the latest update.

Attachments

May 1, 2017
Thanks for responding. I'm setting up Discord so give me some time. What do you mean download the latest version? I though updates were only available through the auto-update process, no manual download. It keeps getting stuck at 100% but doesn't proceed any further.

May 1, 2017
Aah, so you guys released a new launcher. Just checked Discord, you guys should announce this on the thread too. Not everyone can use discord. I'm glad it no longer hangs, though mouse thing no-longer seems to work for me.

May 1, 2017
I already have it setup that way by default in the compatibility section. I should explain, I does indeed change the fov and acceleration for me, it just resets back to the default values every time I quit and relaunch Halo. Can't get it to stay at 90 fov & 0.0 acceleration.

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
GuyFawkesGaming said:
I already have it setup that way by default in the compatibility section. I should explain, I does indeed change the fov and acceleration for me, it just resets back to the default values every time I quit and relaunch Halo. Can't get it to stay at 90 fov & 0.0 acceleration.
You just have to set it each time, I think.
There's no other option at the moment.