[MAP H1_CE] Big Snowy Map "Beta"

Apr 27, 2013
Cali
BIG SNOWY MAP for halo custom edition

[img=center]http://s30.postimg.org/6ukqb4a0x/bsm_beta.png[/img]

Zip download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2rbfc4w5pvz6wb1/bsm_beta.zip

Giving credits out to; Zteam, Jesse, and the author of "Particle Effects". I'm too lazy to create my own tags, I adjusted theirs as needed.

Objective games greatly differ from slayer. If your a sniper you will more then likely appreciate both CTF and SLAYER, snipers are going to get the most kills, then comes assault rifle and battle riffle users. If you do a one shot burst on ar it is more acculturate then the 3 shot burst br.

RACE is unsupported cause I have never placed the netgame flags for race before and have no clue what track and vehicle do. It took me two days to make this so feel free to hate its still in beta.

If I had some h2v structures I liked then I would be making h2v maps but I don't like any that come with the tag pack extension from h2mt, and apps for making more are not working for me on this laptop but work fine when I use the netbook. I have some more ideas for sp to mp conversions for halo 1, also I would be more then willing if someone else would import b40_a structure to h2v to populated it similar to this map, but with the bridge capable of being unlocked in CTF games. Tried it for h1 and it worked for host and players but players still saw the machine but could walk threw it and shoot threw it.

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
Cool map You applied Halo 3 Hud tags perfectly!
(acually i too have it but i am stuck little bit in adding it to game)

+1 rep for map making ;)

Apr 27, 2013
Cali
To apply hud changes you have to change some stuff in globals, cyborg, and weapons. Most are in globals under interface bitmaps. One thing in the ui folder you have to delete the references to team_background, team_icon ect. so you dont have the gametype symbol all up on your HUD. I need new grenade bitmaps I dont like how it shows the other two nades. I couldnt figure out how to have 4 nades, in globals it only allows two ={ even tried exporting global to txt then manually adding them and tried to import back and it said block count out of range.... wish there was a hack or something to get around that.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Cool but I suggest never deleting original files, instead rename them by appending a new and obvious extension like .ORIGINAL to the files name; that way its easy to find and tell what is what. You cannot always count on modified dates to tell you everything.

Apr 27, 2013
Cali
Yeah for sure, but I replaced originals so all i have to do is run scenarios threw the tool and changes are made from orig weapons to halo 3 along with HUD which makes it nice and easy for campaign. Also it makes it a pain in the ass for others to rip the tags.