Need help, please.

Mar 29, 2014
Hello, guys I need some help with something regarding AIs in Halo 2 Vista I've been experimenting with the [SCNR] tag using Assembly I've been trying to increase the count of allies and enemies that spawn on a certain map for example Outskirts when I increase the value to say 5 it only does this for Sgt Johnson but the other marines don't seem to be increasing in count, I want to know how I can change it so that it doesn't increase the amount of Sgt Johnsons I have I want to increase the count of my marines and the enemies.

Could somebody shed some light on this? Thank you.

(Sorry, just realized I posted this in the wrong section)

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
umm when kills alone wakes up and gets on he can tell you more along with a few others that are working on AI and campaign stuff :/

my thoughts would be possibly another address could work??? not quite sure on that whole area of stuffs lol

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
You just scroll down to the next AI Squad(s).

The first one, Squad 0 is labeled e1_mars_johnson so you know its Johnson, the next few are Marines and you can tell this as they are are labeled with mars.

So edit the # of AI for AI Squads 1, 2, & 3 and you should be good to go.

Mar 29, 2014
Thank you also how do I change the armor types I want to make the marines have ODST armor but I don't know how I think it's got to do with the permutation but which tag is the ODST armor

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Its a bit of a hassle so I suggest you start with one of my Outskirts ODST mods as a base and then tweak it from there with Assembly.

If you want to do it yourself I included a guide how I did it with that mod. However, when I originally did that mod I was using Gravemind 1.6B and now I am using Assembly.

Now that I have done more Default Campaign mods I have to wonder if the ODST armor could be done in a different (easier) way. I edited the perms inside of the model [MODE] itself, I did it this way because there was no character [CHAR] tag for ODST included in that map. My main reason to go back and do it a different way would be to keep the standard Marines intact and only replace some of them with ODST.

Sometimes I also take an existing [CHAR] and tweak it to suite the character I want to create. For example, on Cairo Station ODP I converted the always hurt Marine character into either Brute or Jackal and replaced his spawn with a normal Marine.

On a map where there already are ODST its easy to swap the characters to them. You just go into the scenario [SCNR] and locate the characters, take note of which one is the ODST Marine type. Then you just scroll to the AI Squad(s) section and edit the character type to that number. Just make sure you are not replacing the wrong character, to do this I write down all of the characters in that map and which number they are.

I will be uploading my updated Campaign Mod soon enough, you can see some of the changes in the video here.