Please read!

Feb 1, 2016
Gamertag
Sp4rkyFlame
Hi! I'm Sparky.

I have a fast dedicated server and I would like to mirror all the files from H2MT and halo2vista.com, to help preserve the extensive work that many have shared.

Please, if you have any links to Halo 2 files, such as maps, tags, or programs, send me a link.

Here are some of my existing archives, mostly geared towards Halo Custom Edition. I am planning to organize them for Halo 2:

Halo CE and HEK Starter Kit
GXV Halo Mirrors

Please, PLEASE, let me mirror files; I will mirror entire web sites, even. If you have ANY Halo 2 or Halo programs that you don't see there already, please send me a generic file hosting link such as Mediafire, dropbox, or Google Drive.

Most notably, I need copies of Assembly and all the files from H2MT's web site. All I see from the H2MT web site right now is:

The H2MT Repository is being uploaded to Google Drive, for permanent storage. 12/13/2015 If you need this and it hasen't been uploaded by 01/01/16 email [email protected] (That is a real one)
Thank you in advance.
I hope I didn't scare you.

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
Dude, that's a sweet collection you have there. Tons of cool halo stuff in there. Nice!
When i hook up my HDD next and have some time i'll see if i can find anything worthy.
I just hope you never get a takedown on that ay. That'd be shit.
Great effort man!

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
This might interest you if you do not have the link: All Official Halo Map Files, I see GalaxyVerge is linked from there.

I have no idea why the H2MT Repository is down, it might be a hosting issue. I know a few others have lost interest in the site/game, I mean obviously its dead to most people. I sent out a few PMs but no response yet other then Shawn who said he could not help me but would if he could. I should have reminded him that there is a small possibility that I may in fact be his father, but no, that would be rude, for all I know that wasn't even his mother...

I have many projects in the works outside of H2 but when I have some spare time I've been going back & updating here and there, slowly but surely uploading my H2MT files to my OneDrive.

I just uploaded Halo 2 Vista - H2MT Tool Kit - Kills_Alone.zip recently for another user, unless that was you, lol. If not, that is one you are looking for, it has some tasty contents.

Now, I'm going to ask you to do something for me. Its called respect for the developers and modders. Some people don't get it, like that dumb motherfucker Dennis at Halomaps. I specifically asked him not to host my beta maps and the why, he said he would not, this was by email correspondence. I'm sure I still have said email in my yahoo or gmail records. So what do I see next, he posted all of my beta maps in the H2v section and when I posted a thread asking WTF he refused to take them down, said I had no right to make such a request, and that I was a child or some BS insult. A man goes by his word, he doesn't publicly shame someone when he himself fucked up; leave that shit for the haters.

So now, what do I see, I see the same maps reposted on your mirror. And I know, it doesn't even matter anymore. But thats the thing, it wasn't just about shitting on a our team for no reason, making a profit off it through advertising, nor just being an all about tool, the game could only handle ~48 maps, anything over that and the game would shit itself, players were lost, they could not figure out how to fix the problem and it was just another thing that killed the game. Dennis didn't give a shit, yet he pulled HCE CMT maps before no problem. So yeah, I have issues with people that don't stay true to their word and play favorites, I mean thats one of the main reasons we moved away from MonsterMoose as well; admins abusing power and people not respecting others creations, such as Moose and TBeast trying to sabotage the community in completely different ways and for completely different reasons. It used to be so crazy, everyone was a hacker in some form, then there were those of us that used the tools for good, such as modding, testing/creating new content, and server side mods.

If I ask you not to post something there is a reason, many of those tools linked above used to be dangerous in the wrong hands, but now the game is in the wind and Halo: Online ElDewrito is here to fill the void. There are more files, I just need to upload them...and someone is already complaining about me using the bandwidth. Such is life on a remote island.

Anyways, thats more of a history lesson and not completely directed at you. I like to give people the background details, be they IRL or not. So, when you set up an H2MT section (maps, tools, etc) could you please have a single text file with the following contents:

The Halo 2 Map/Mod Team (referred to as the H2MT) has been around for years now. We create custom maps, mods, applications and other content for Halo 2 Vista aka Halo 2 PC. We have some members that also work with Halo 2 for Xbox and Halo Custom Edition for the PC.

Some of the members act as consultants and error finders while others create new BSPs (terrains) to battle over.

The team has released a few mods that enhance gameplay rather then taking away from it, mods such as the MMM.

A few members have created tools that now allow us access to enhanced Real Time Editing capabilities while others have ported maps and content from various Halo games.

We now have a large pool of custom BSPs, weapons, vehicles, HUDs, shaders, bitmaps, new crates, active scenery, skys, scripts and more to choose from.

When a project has reached an acceptable level of completion we choose to share most of our source files as we believe that the community can grow and learn with more ease through proper existing examples.

We are not actively searching for new members at this time, particularly novices, but if you feel you have some skills that could help us expand the Halo Universe please contact us through the H2PC Forums: http://www.halo2vista.com/forums/index.php

H2MT members past and present:

AvengerofDeath2

B4M_TwinReaper

Baltic Beazt

Computron

Garanas

Hexthat

Himanshu01

JohnnyBlaz20

Kantanomo

KILLER CHIEF

Kills Alone

Kirby_422

PCTechmaster07

PirateEggs

Shock120

Skiddy 632

Slaters Fury

StatutorytrOy

Super PolarBear

SuperSniper

XHN_SCRAPY

ZeroErrors

Thanks, I do appreciate what you are doing, it will be very handy. :)

Feb 1, 2016
Gamertag
Sp4rkyFlame
@Kills Alone

Thank you for providing a custom information file. How does this look? http://mirrors.galaxyverge.com/halo2vista_h2mt/

I agree that the small community is improved by people trying to think well of each other, providing encouragement, and being both optimistic or positive, and friendly. Respect is easy, but it also builds character when people try to maturely and gently and with persistent kindness try to resolve problems. I have had many instances of conflict, and I was permanently banned from several Halo forum communities due to unrelated issues. Being unkind and inconsiderate are irresponsible behaviors. One must learn to be responsible with one's words and one's actions. It helps to present reasons for decisions, because being willing to help people means that you also need to value their discourse. I hope that what I do is seen as helpful, and I value contributions and discourse of community members.

From that One Drive link, I downloaded the H2MT Tool Kit zip file, the 3.87 GB H2MT Essential Collection .7z files, and the files in H2.5. I did not get the impression that the other files, such as maps, were necessarily being shared for inclusion in my archives. I'll sort through these files at some point when I organize the official archive with details and such. Thank you for sharing these.

I am interested in recommended Halo 2 Vista modding and content authoring tutorials. The archive is to be presented with definitive tutorials and information about the Halo 1 and Halo 2 games. I feel the urge to write these game guides very soon. Part of the research process is studying previous tutorials and discussion points. Please let me know if you can recommend any video or written tutorials about the game and modding it.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Right on. There is more, a lot more, such loads of maps (mp, sp, modded sp, co-op, hybrid, modded mainmenu, custom mainmenu, etc) and a more recent source files. Like I said I will upload when I am not uploading all the other files I need to deal with.