Sound Files

Mar 15, 2013
So as we all know, you can use sounds made for either CE or regular Halo 1 versions. Problem is, that recently I am unable to compile sounds at all. And what sounds I am able to compile, do not work properly and force the map using them to not show in the map list, even with the newest .dll workaround. Does anyone here have the Halo 4 BR and or DMR sounds? If so, please double check that the sounds work on your end in Halo 2, then shoot them over to me. I am looking to update the entire sound palette for the weapons. Thanks in advance!

Mar 15, 2013
Thanks for the info Kills. Slater, if your reading, I have the sounds from every weapon that has a Reach counterpart. If your willing and able let me know and I'll link you to the wav files.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
BTW, the DMR is lacking a reload sound right now. Where does the reload sound tag plug into? After that I can send you the changes I made to the Reach weapons so you do not have to go through and re-edit everything.

Mar 15, 2013
I have to do a re-edit anyway. I never noticed it before, but the lens on the DMR I made does not have it's own shader aside from the general one applied to the rest of the model. I want to go back through and redo it, and specify an actual glass lens shader for it. the reload sounds as well as the melee, are linked inside the jmad (animation graph) tag. Under the Skeleton Node tag block, you see a "Sounds" section.

Now that I think about it, what DMR does everyone prefer? The Reach version or the Halo 4 one? I'm kinda leaning towards the 4 version...

Mar 25, 2013
Gamertag
Slaters Fury
send me a link. All you need is them compiled into a sound file right? I know next to nothing about modding weapons.

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
Twinreaper said:
Now that I think about it, what DMR does everyone prefer? The Reach version or the Halo 4 one? I'm kinda leaning towards the 4 version...
Halo Reach! Sounds and Look. I really dislike most of the new sounds in halo 4. and i think i liked the look of the Reach one too.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Twinreaper said:
I have to do a re-edit anyway. I never noticed it before, but the lens on the DMR I made does not have it's own shader aside from the general one applied to the rest of the model. I want to go back through and redo it, and specify an actual glass lens shader for it. the reload sounds as well as the melee, are linked inside the jmad (animation graph) tag. Under the Skeleton Node tag block, you see a "Sounds" section.
What an odd place, thats why I couldn't find it. Okay, its not the DMR after-all, the reload sound issue is with the Reach AR. Must have been when I was importing the tags into objects\reach\weapons, so I'll take a look.

EDIT: Yeah, thats the issue. I'll post these tags tomorrow for you.

http://h2mt.org/killsalone/tags/[TAGS]_Reach_(05-15-13).exe
11.19MBs compressed

Mar 15, 2013
Thanks Slater, your the best! And you are quite welcome Killer Chief. I will be releasing the Halo 4 BR and the DMR, along with the other weapons in stand-alone tag form for others to use. More than likely since I am lazy...I'll just pass the tags to Kills and he can dress them up or whatever.

Aug 13, 2013
Gamertag
Hey all! Sorry for being a newfag-douchebag and leeching on this thread.. But it's remotely relevant atleast.. :>
I've been looking all over for a raw, original-quality version of the "grunt birthday-party"-sound. You know, the "yaaaay", followed by confetti etc.
Would really appreciate if someone had a copy, or could provide instructions on how to obtain it. But I have lost my copy of Reach (which was for 360) a long time ago, and not even sure if there's a PC-version, lol.. But anyways.. The original sound file would be completely amazing!
Thanks. <3