Thinking of getting this, total noob

May 5, 2020
Gamertag
paulz123
Played Halo 2 for original Xbox in 2006 and loved it. Currently don't have Xbox One or a gaming PC. Couple of questions on this:

1. Is this project basically the original Halo 2 for PC, but somehow able to play online? If so, I'd buy the original game in a heart beat.
2. I saw a couple of streams and they were on a stage that wasn't in the original Halo 2 multiplayer. Also, some characters were using shields, and that wasn't a part of Halo 2 either. Is this project pretty similar to the original Halo 2? Or is this more of a "upgrade", more like Halo 3 or Halo 2.5?

Thanks everyone.

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
Halo 2 on the original xbox was ported (converted) to PC in 2007 by Microsoft and Hired Gun and that product is called Halo 2 for Windows Vista. There are minor differences between the two versions but they're more or less the same game.

In 2015, online services for Halo 2 Vista stopped working. Project Cartographer was created with a goal to restore online play

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
Buy the game
Install the game
Download the mod
Install the mod
Activate via email, preferably use Gmail.
Play the game

CoagCTF Rulez

May 5, 2020
Gamertag
paulz123
Thank you for this. Before I buy the game, is there usually a few people on all the time, so I can always find games? Or is it mostly dead, since this is a workaround hack?

May 2, 2020
Gamertag
pumacens
Thank you for this. Before I buy the game, is there usually a few people on all the time, so I can always find games? Or is it mostly dead, since this is a workaround hack?
There's a lot of people playing and servers. I play with my friends everynight and there are hundreds of people playing. You should give it a try c:

May 5, 2020
Gamertag
paulz123
Just played my first game today, it was great, reminded me of my childhood, brightened up my day during the quarantine. Thanks again for this everyone.