Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYzhhgai0dc[/youtube]

Thomasxp5 :: Midnight - Halo 2 Vista Montage - Edited by Zhestal

Published on Oct 7, 2013
Day 7.

What's good men of FBW, Ishii here. Today...we have a very special montage with gameplay from the one and only, Thomasxp5, and "Love-You-Long-Time" Asian brotheran, Zhestal. Let's get down in this hubba hubba.

Editing: MA BOI HOWARD. I know this montage has been a long time coming. As you said on the Novus upload, 3 months off and on, and the final product came out amazing. Let's break it down yo. The intro was very cool. Something I haven't seen in many, if any, montages before; a breakdown, synced up to the beats, of every single video featuring Thomasxp5. This set the mood and may be a nostalgic moment for anyone who has followed xp5, and set the tone for the video. Everytime I see something cool in this video, Imma let y'all know. Let's start. The Thomasxp5 text at 0:41 was perty smexy. The entire first half of the song with the guy singing was edited amazingly. DEM TRANSITIONS DOE. It was almost essentially another mood setter for the second half with the girl singing. The black warped effect at 1:14 was a boss effect and during the second song, the video definitely picks up from its original incredible flow in the first part. Looking at watching the editing over and over again since it's only a 2:30 video, ALL of the angles were done incredibly well. I find that a very accomplishing feat due to the fact that H2 angles are hard to pull off. What surprised me the most was the perfect "backwards" angles to sync up a shot. The "GODDAMNIT THOMAS" text was a pretty comical, yet smooth way to finish the montage. I believe in H2 1v1 tages...the editing is what takes the cake most of the time because of no map variety and consistency of gameplay. I may also point out the CC was beautiful, as always by Howard. Overall, the editing was fantastic and couldn't have fit the song any better. There's a reason you're my favorite editor, and this was a perfect example to show that.

Gameplay: Oh man, H2 isn't my strong suit at all gameplay-wise, but I will tell you now, the amount of SICK shots pulled off in this 1v1 video was INCREDIBLE. I don't talk to Thomas, nor have I really remember much of his montages, but dat gameplay style is soooo sexy, I'd fuck it. To be honest, idk what else to say about 1v1 H2 gameplay other than the sick shots pulled off on it. But on another note, it did make me want to go back and watch his other H2 montages, and I'd advise you to do that too....or we won't upload. Ever. Again. Kidding. Not really. Sorry, not sorry.

At the end of the school day, we come back to our dorm/home/apartment and we sit down and most likely check our laptops for any new YT videos. As montage makers, we hope our video is remembered, but most of the time, it's forgotten in 3-4 days' time. As Howard and Thomas put their effort into making this video, hopefully, you will all remember this majestic piece of art. Thanks for watching guys. This has been Ishii on FBW.

Goodnight/Farewell/Peace out and I'll see you tomorrow.

Zhestal - http://www.youtube.com/ZhestalVids
Thomasxp5 - http://www.youtube.com/Thomasxp5

Song: Nightcall - Kavinsky
Category
Gaming
License
Standard YouTube License
Buy "Nightcall" on
Artist
Kavinsky
Show less