We have crashers Afoot.

Kantanomo

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
Yet again we have come to a sad moment where a player decides he or she wants to ruin the game for others, and now we have someone who is going around crashing. We have identified the player as IM A TEAMKILLER and are taking measures against keeping him out of the servers that we have control over (SiC and SmG). But there is only so much that we can do on our side of the table, so to help you protect yourselves I will provide you with my Anti Crash tool. The tool is fairly simple to run just start it and go.

Download: Here
Included files:
  • H2VAntiCrash -Full-.exe
  • Readme.txt

Readme.txt
H2VAntiCrash -Full-
Creator:Kantanomo

This app is created with the purpose of preventing your game from being crashed by malicious players.

To use this app all you need to do is run it once, and then it will stay running on your pc, only activating. once it detects Halo 2 Vista running. You cannot close this app while H2V is running or there may be complications. To close this application, exit halo 2 vista then down on the explorer task bar right click the icon and hit exit. Another alternative to closing it is via Task manager, by finding the proccess and ending it.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
[mod="H2Bot"]Download at own risk.[/mod]

here is a second anti cheat download the MM Anti-Cheat another Anti Crash. Provided by MM*

I have never been crashed when using this.

Attachments

Kantanomo

Dev
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
The problem with MM's Anti cheat is what else it does besides Anti Crash (which it fails to fix all crashes).

Mar 25, 2013
Houston, TX
Gamertag
PCTechmaster07
It's a shame that people have nothing better to do than ruin fun for others.....

I haven't had a problem with MM's Anti-Cheat but I'll give yours a try, thanks for uploading it. :up:

Mar 28, 2013
Gamertag
SiC I TITAN I
Kant is there a way to make an anti crash tool for servers? That would fix any issues and people wouldn't have to run any tools. There are a lot of players who don't know English and won't be able to download some of these tools.

Kantanomo

Dev
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
We were working on it at one point, I think I know how to do it. I will keep trying to figure somthing out, and will test it on my server.

Mar 28, 2013
Gamertag
SiC I TITAN I
GCreat0r said:
H2Bot said:
Using Titans servers we have determined the crasher is Grub Xer0.
I could have told you that from looking in WM servertool. You should have asked.
He went into my server using the grub xer0 gt. Then he namehacked and crashed my servers and I was easily able to aka him.

Mar 26, 2013
Gamertag
GameCreat0r
SIC I TITAN I said:
GCreat0r said:
H2Bot said:
Using Titans servers we have determined the crasher is Grub Xer0.
I could have told you that from looking in WM servertool. You should have asked.
He went into my server using the grub xer0 gt. Then he namehacked and crashed my servers and I was easily able to aka him.
I akaed him before on WM servers because kant gave his IP.

Mar 26, 2013
Gamertag
GameCreat0r
GrubXer0 said:
Please come up with a server side tool that will stop this.
I don't get it. Is this the crasher himself asking us to come up with a tool to stop him? Or was it a bad AKA and we caught the wrong person?

Kantanomo

Dev
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
Well alien he lives awful close to you, why not pay him a visit.

like within a few miles actually.