What features?

Proty

Members
Jun 19, 2016
Gamertag
CyP proty
auto afk kick, CyP server used to have one where people would be kicked after a min of no activity but apparently that tool doesn't work without LIVE. So if it was possible to bring that back somewhere in the future it'd be much appreciated! Mostly for the 8 player FFA servers.

CodyJ

Members
Jun 26, 2017
Gamertag
CodyJ
Proper HTTP download linking allowing for quicker download speeds (even those Columbians).

CodyJ

Members
Jun 26, 2017
Gamertag
CodyJ
For what? Map downloading?
Map downloading yeh. Having custom maps at the moment is a huge pain because usually the download speeds are quite slow due to utilizing a built in downloader. Linking them to an http web server that the host sets up would allow for much quicker speeds thus ensuring more people on custom maps.

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
Map downloading yeh. Having custom maps at the moment is a huge pain because usually the download speeds are quite slow due to utilizing a built in downloader. Linking them to an http web server that the host sets up would allow for much quicker speeds thus ensuring more people on custom maps.
Oh my sweet summer child. We have tried many implementations with map downloading, including HTTP downloads from a private server and halomaps.org. This implementation is the best we got. Feel free to improve on it

Aug 12, 2017
Gamertag
Baman2112
I would love to see the classic matchmaking come back to life, but I know that may not be possible. On the more feasible side of things I would love some better key mapping, the in game key mapping is limited and I really want to zoom with right click, throw grenades with one of my side mous buttons and have toggle zoom on scroll button press. I wouldn't mind changing a few more things, but those are the main things.

Aug 20, 2017
Gamertag
Player3
I agree with Baman about the matchmaking. That would be awesome, but even if there was just ranking that would be good enough. I would love to have an easy way to invite people to a private game on the network too (maybe this can already be done, but I'm not sure how).
Regardless, all the work everyone has done so far on Halo 2 is amazing and huge props and thanks to all who have worked on it! :D