Why is this still here?

May 13, 2015
Are we alive? No, I think we're dead.

Supersniper is still here, so that means there's still something existent. MM is gone, at least as far as I can tell? ASK - must be a thing of the past. Perhaps cloud/rainman/whatever-weather-pattern-based-name is still here?

Y'all know who I am, but IDK who you are. Halo Online is here, and so I take another look here, and yet here y'all are.

I'm sure all of y'all have jobs by now, whassup?

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
a few are still here and alive, MM is down and out, at weirdmoose. Then yeah there have been ups and the mainly downs for the community, new clans that start up have gone off with the wind, hackers are still around in the game, umm some things are made for the game but not much else. it has pretty much slowed to a snail crawl here for the game again lol

and jobs yes many have jobs and doing things in college and etc lol

May 13, 2015
Hey SCRAPY, it seems some of the MM guys are still here, eh?

I think there might be a small boost from Halo Online's announcement. We may want to take the time to see if we can port the graphics from HO, since apparently it's just a modified Halo 3.

That said, how's the community size? Do we get a single, maybe 2 server filled at all?

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Hahaha I love how you knew that I'm working on something. Yeah I am slowly but surely working on a way to revive this game. Help is always welcomed :) Glad to see you again mate.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
You're going about it all wrong, Halo Online is the new Halo MP on PC. No reason to back port to H2v.

Unless tMCC is ported at some point in the future, HO is the game to play, and its pretty freaking good at that. Loads of weapon selection and variation. A hybrid of Halos 3, Reach, & 4. I hope they give us a decent amount of maps to go with its final release. I know, I know, asking for an editing kit is hoping for too much...

May 13, 2015
Kills Alone said:
You're going about it all wrong, Halo Online is the new Halo MP on PC. No reason to back port to H2v.
Yeah, no, west Europe will never get H:O (Much less Americas), M$'s proven that they won't fund anything with that if they can push other the xbox. We can work from the assumption that H:O will only be released for emerging markets and high-piracy rate markets like Russia, China, and other parts of eastern Europe.

supersniper said:
Hahaha I love how you knew that I'm working on something. Yeah I am slowly but surely working on a way to revive this game. Help is always welcomed :) Glad to see you again mate.
Glad to see you too. I'm surprised you haven't moved on to other projects/games. It's hilarious that the skills that I've learned while modding/making hacks has translated straight into programming skills that allowed me to get a job making a shitton of money.

I've personally already bought MCC and Destiny, and I plan on burning my xbone to protest this bullshit. Thinking of giving up and just coming back to PC stuff.

emokid117 said:
last I check there's at least one server that still gets 16 players in a day...but yaaa I'm still here... and always will be... :3
o.o are you new? Or did you change your name? I don't think I remember you... So at least we're more popular than Women's Basketball.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
yeah some MM members are here, MM had a big falling out... but yeah we are still here and around for the most part, still tinkering at the game, trying to get it on to steam or free from microsoft etc (thatll never happen) but the new halo online is pretty sweet, cant wait for it to get pushed out so everyone can play. hopefully itll boost the community again.

we were trying to make some more maps etc i cannot anymore since it broke on my computer and cannot get it to work anymore no matter what approach i take it wotn work. but some are trying stuff still and just trying to keep it alive lol

May 13, 2015
| SCRAPY | said:
yeah some MM members are here, MM had a big falling out...
Yeah, after he said he was gonna leave for his family needed him, and came back a week later. That was the best shit ever, and he was in denial for a couple weeks after that.

| SCRAPY | said:
still tinkering at the game, trying to get it on to steam or free from microsoft etc (thatll never happen)
LOL on steam, what a dreamer. Anyway, I met up with one of the older modders irl, evilkillerwhale, and it kinda gave me inspiration to see what we can do about porting over some of the new graphics into H2V, since Halo 2:A in MCC uses the same physics and drawing engine as H2V.

| SCRAPY | said:
we were trying to make some more maps etc i cannot anymore since it broke on my computer and cannot get it to work anymore no matter what approach i take it wotn work. but some are trying stuff still and just trying to keep it alive lol
Let me know if I can help. Nice seeing some familiar names still around (somehow?)

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Overthinkingly said:
Yeah, no, west Europe will never get H:O (Much less Americas), M$'s proven that they won't fund anything with that if they can push other the xbox. We can work from the assumption that H:O will only be released for emerging markets and high-piracy rate markets like Russia, China, and other parts of eastern Europe.

Well, I'm in North America and I've been playing/modding it for a two months. It has multilingual support. You can download it from their site and hex edit the language to English.

Its the best running Halo engine because its made for the PC. Its currently very flexible but that probably has a lot to do with its alpha state and the fact that it still retains the H3x GUI (it just has to be activated). Sadly, future builds lead me to think they are only using the older H3x assets as a base, a base that might very well be removed before the final release.

Many speculate it could be used to push Windows 10 as H2v was intended to with WinVista. F2P Halo makes all kinds of sense; look at TF2. The XBox brand and logo no longer represent just the console, the brand now encompasses the consoles, games, phone games, pc games, and all the features and cross-platform support they want to see realized on all modern devices that run the Windows OS. Remember where XBox came from and why it is called an "X" box in the first place: Direct-X. And where does the best DirectX magic happen? On the PC: DX12 FTW.

It is still under debate if it is running on one of the various MCC (XBone) engines or some hybrid of 3/Reach/4. The MCC itself runs many engines, the only game that uses it as a base is H2c (Halo 2 Classic), we already have all of that content in H2v, besides two DLC maps we already ported. H2a is built on Halo 4 tech.

The XBone/tMCC has not been modified yet, so there is plenty that is unknown about the engine/tags.

May 13, 2015
Kills Alone said:
Well, I'm in North America and I've been playing/modding it for a two months. It has multilingual support. You can download it from their site and hex edit the language to English.
That says nothing about building and sustaining a community. In fact, if you have to do all of these things to play, most likely you won't find any community in NA.

Kills Alone said:
Many speculate it could be used to push Windows 10 as H2v was intended to with WinVista. F2P Halo makes all kinds of sense; look at TF2. The XBox brand and logo no longer represent just the console, the brand now encompasses the consoles, games, phone games, pc games, and all the features and cross-platform support they want to see realized on all modern devices that run the Windows OS. Remember where XBox came from and why it is called an "X" box in the first place: Direct-X. And where does the best DirectX magic happen? On the PC: DX12 FTW.
Wishful thinking, but indeed not too far off the realm of possibility, considering how much other crazy shit Nadella did...

Kills Alone said:
H2a is built on Halo 4 tech.
The entirety of the H2A campaign is in slightly modified H2 physics and mechanics. H2A multilayer is a revision on the Halo 4 engine.

My hope is to do what H2A did, for H2V. I just want to be able to take those upgraded graphics to H2V, since that's basically what MCC users have anyway.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
The community around Halo Online already dwarfs that of Halo 2 Vista. Here are a few links:
r/HaloOnline
HaloWiki
eldorito IRC
Halo.Click
Modacity.net

Lots to read, have fun. :)

And yes, multilingual support says everything. Here is a list of Tactical Packages I extracted from the game: Halo Online: Tactical & Support Packages Complete List, this is just an example but this is all new content, not old strings from previous Halos, completely new assets in English. Same with all the other assets as well, various weapon variants with brand new highly detailed weapons skins, attributes, and models.

At first I was very skeptical about Halo Online as well, and just when/if Halo would return to PC in proper FPS form.

May 13, 2015
Kills Alone said:
The community around Halo Online already dwarfs that of Halo 2 Vista.

Lots to read, have fun. :)
Holy shit, by golly gee, my fucking god you're right. Honestly they don't even need to announce it in NA if we have the ability to use custom clients/servers. I was under the assumption that this thing actually has some sort of lockdown...

Are they running these clients on custom servers, or are they somehow using the official server registry? If they do in fact have customized servers, where the hell did they get the binary for that? Can anyone just download that? I'd love to get my hands on a server binary.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
I thought the game runs on system link??? and you just have to "xbc/Xlinkkai" it with say evolve, tunngle, hamachi etc?

hmm they do have a server browser list?????? just watched their update.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kEvJXBQbxE[/youtube]

CHECK 20:23 FOR THE SERVER BROWSER***************

maybe it just makes the list of hosts better? somewhat like the halo 2 vista browser?