!!COOP MODE!! UPDATE!!

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
My trainer is Updated,Friends! I want that you all test it . I have added 3rd person camera in it so that it would be easy to play. And this time you have to click on the buttons to work (no shortcut keys).WAit for one more update if you want shortcut keys. ;)

H2MT
Here is the link-
[hidden][click=http://www.mediafire.com/download/6179oddfq5ci8iq/H2.5+Coop+Mode.7z]H2.5 Coop Trainer[/click].
around 300 kb's[/hidden]

Enjoy! :laugh:

xd

visit H2MT

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
Yo, i would help test but its 12 at night and i'm about to go to bed! Just downloaded it and i must say, nice bundle, and program. I read the tutorial.txt and i was like, woa, it works for all maps except Delta Halo! but after more reading it says that old mombasa doesn't work (for friends) and i was like god damn it... (tried before, had same issues as you said).
I might help test tomorrow if anyones on...

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
KILLER CHIEF said:
Yo, i would help test but its 12 at night and i'm about to go to bed! Just downloaded it and i must say, nice bundle, and program. I read the tutorial.txt and i was like, woa, it works for all maps except Delta Halo! but after more reading it says that old mombasa doesn't work (for friends) and i was like god damn it... (tried before, had same issues as you said).
I might help test tomorrow if anyones on...
Wait I guess you would have read incorrectly. In the first section that is B.1 in the h2.5 coop tutotial.txt
it is actually written that you can choose any level except delta halo while following the section B.1 tutorial.For hosting delta halo,you have to follow section B.2 's tutorial.
ok read carefully and dont get confused.outskirts and metropolis won't work so i said to download the odst mode for them.and beside them i wrote about the other maps which won' t work.

Dont get confused,ok.

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
You said the ODST mod Might fix the problem... and i should have been more explicit, i was just aiming at the fact that outskirts alone didn't work because that is one of the maps that i really want to co-op on. And i understand the tutorial just fine, nice job on that btw!

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
Ooh, another thing, i've got a challenge for you, make the player spawn on a dedicated server hosing a campaign map... (i've tried soo hard on that one) >_<

What KillerShock120 had once told me, before he 'forgot how to do it':
Possible set of steps for a dedicated server:

Join the server, alone preferably.
Set the server's engine to SP.
Suicide ingame. (need to exist first :/ )
Then the Campaign events should run on the server, and look weird to you in-game.

Apparently the map Armory "... works very well, even on the Multiplayer engine."

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
This one time I joined a guy who was hosting Outskirts over Live (I do not know what apps/mods he was running). I had forgotten that I had my ODST Outskirts loaded (a modded Outskirts I made). So when I saw him he appeared as an ODST, while to him I bet I was an MC.

Then another time the same thing happened on Delta Halo. Except this time it was through Live but over LAN (playing with my son on my alternate account), again I saw ODST's but he saw MC's; so SP maps that are modded can co-exist in the same SP (co-op enabled) engine at least to some extent.

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
Kills Alone said:
This one time I joined a guy who was hosting Outskirts over Live (I do not know what apps/mods he was running). I had forgotten that I had my ODST Outskirts loaded (a modded Outskirts I made). So when I saw him he appeared as an ODST, while to him I bet I was an MC.

Then another time the same thing happened on Delta Halo. Except this time it was through Live but over LAN (playing with my son on my alternate account), again I saw ODST's but he saw MC's; so SP maps that are modded can co-exist in the same SP (co-op enabled) engine at least to some extent.
WOw it means the ODST mod fixes the error in Outskirts and we can play with others,right?
I know that if we have outskirts odst mod enabled in our map and the ther man does not ,then we see him as an ODST and would see us as MC.

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
KILLER CHIEF said:
Ooh, another thing, i've got a challenge for you, make the player spawn on a dedicated server hosing a campaign map... (i've tried soo hard on that one) >_<

What KillerShock120 had once told me, before he 'forgot how to do it':
Possible set of steps for a dedicated server:

Join the server, alone preferably.
Set the server's engine to SP.
Suicide ingame. (need to exist first :/ )
Then the Campaign events should run on the server, and look weird to you in-game.

Apparently the map Armory "... works very well, even on the Multiplayer engine."
Ok i accept your challenge.but how do i get a server running with campaign maps?
You mean i have to host a dedicated server,ok no prob... i know how to host it with campaign maps on it....But there is an error,when i host the server in service mod and starts halo 2 and when i sign in to live,it says "Disconnected from Live" in few seconds and i have to sign in again and again in few seconds and sometimes the dedicated server gets disconnected in few seconds.. What do i do ,,,?? Help :confused:

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
I am confused!!
I have the addresses of the server but........./
Which process i have to select with cheat engine ? Halo2 or H2admin while on the server?

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
You need a separate gamertag for the dedicated server because you cant sign yourself in twice (if that is what your doing), the process that you are editing is H2Server.
Make sure that you are using a gamertag that had read all (up to date) of the terms and conditions of xbl.
and i just threw all the maps in the maps folder...
and i'm using this simple playlist that i made up:
[playlist]
;Coop Playlist
;ranking = no
;max players = 16

shuffle=false
Pregame Team Selection Delay=60
Pregame Delay=100
Postgame Delay=14

[match]
variant=Slayer
map=Armory

in addition i could also add:
[match]
variant=Slayer
map=Outskirts

[match]
variant=Slayer
map=Metropolis

[match]
variant=Slayer
map=Quarantine Zone

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
KILLER CHIEF said:
You need a separate gamertag for the dedicated server because you cant sign yourself in twice (if that is what your doing), the process that you are editing is H2Server.
Make sure that you are using a gamertag that had read all (up to date) of the terms and conditions of xbl.
and i just threw all the maps in the maps folder...
and i'm using this simple playlist that i made up:
[playlist]
;Coop Playlist
;ranking = no
;max players = 16

shuffle=false
Pregame Team Selection Delay=60
Pregame Delay=100
Postgame Delay=14

[match]
variant=Slayer
map=Armory

in addition i could also add:
[match]
variant=Slayer
map=Outskirts

[match]
variant=Slayer
map=Metropolis

[match]
variant=Slayer
map=Quarantine Zone
Sure I would make another Gamertag and write its email and password instead of mine while hosting dedicated server.Thanks that was my problem. :laugh:

Dec 20, 2013
I am glad to see people still trying to make CoOp work! Thanks for the effort :)

I had a few ideas about how to fix a few of the coop glitches. If they don't work or are irrelevant please don't shoot me down too hard, I just want coop to work :(

Code:
-replace the biped's or whatever makes the camera spawn sky glitch happen(I fixed it by using a combination of Blu Trainer for teleportation with Alt+Enter, AI Spawner changing to MP engine, and the new CoOp trainer from the amazing Himanshu01, though the AI did not spawn)
-create small cells that only a certain amount of AI load and sync on and box in those cells or just dont let the other cells load till all the other AI from the older cell are dead or after a certain amount of time has passed
-allow there to be a script initiator for the next cell of AI's to spawn, like the gondala initiator button, something you press X on ingame instead of the 'kill them all to move on' or 'get to a certain spot on the map to initiate the next part of campaign' scenarios
-place doors on a timer or remove them altogether, or like said before use something like the gondala initiator button where you press X on it ingame, since they do not sync as well/as often as AI
-if it is the AI being too complicated then dumb them down a bit and make them hit harder/easier for difficulties or something.
-create a clean cell for everyone to spawn in that has not had any AI/scenarios initiated yet and remove the starting Movies(may fix spawning crash)
-Add all of these into a sppf or something small to distribute for Dedicated Server hosts/regular live games(easier on bandwidth)

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
Check the spoiler i got a thing.
if in metropolis level(where coop mode usually does not work)we invite someone and change our and his biped value to 0(masterchief's biped value)then we both will spawn in the map without any weapons only grenades with mp engine.after that if we change the engine mode to sp then then a green friend indicator comes and in that if we commit suicide(with coop respawn enabled)then we would have guns.if we commit suicide (withouth coop respawn enabled)then we would spawn at the starting point point with guns.And if we both died at the same time with coop respawn enabled then the cinematics load and we have to switch off coop respawn to skip cinematics or it wont.I was able to move with AI's .Unfortunately when i asked him he said that he was stuck after we both had commited suicide but i saw him sometimes moving .means i was only able to move perfectly.
Maybe this information may help in fixing the unworking of coop on metropolis. :eek:

Jan 31, 2014
Gamertag
L3G1T iMoTioNz
Idk if anyone is still alive on this topic but I would like some solutions if possible.
I created a game on the map Regret and I followed every step till the invite my friend.
The problem is when I do invite him once the sky or water is rotating, it says he's joining but after that it tells him "Unable to join. Try again later"
Something like that. Continued to try multiple times in different ways but couldn't figure it out.
If anyone is out there that could help me out, it would be really appreciated.

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
It occurs maybe due to lag ,or maybe that level doesnt work so try to tell your friend who has a high speed internet............to host