IWBD script please?

Apr 27, 2013
Cali
dude i got stuck... i made squads and all that then after i compiled it, it didnt show up in game... same thing happened when i added weather....

so i just messing with scripts... here is what i think is fun for multi
[BBvideo 560,340:14ew4jvo]http://youtu.be/R5rCQ7W32pg[/BBvideo]
the fusion coil coco switch comes back randomly 100-1200 delay

removed

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
For the squads, are you setting the scenario to SP? This can only be done from Sapien.

Are you running the map from the campaign menu, or at least using Ambiguous or some other real time memory editing such as Cheat Engine to set the engine mode to single player, because if not the squads will not appear.

Apr 27, 2013
Cali
ok never tried any of that i did not make the scenario sp i was hoping the squads would work for mp like in halo ce.... um im not sure what to edit for, i have ambiguous alpha 0.9 and 2.5 and beta 1.0 ...in 2.5 it has a game engine mode that can be set to single player..

is weather something only for sp too? if so then how the @#$@ does backwash have such an awesome weather script??? ...i think im just skipping something causing errors..

(script continuous backwash_weather
(weather_start 0)
(weather_change_intensity 0 0.3)
(sleep (random_range 900 1800))
(sleep_until
(begin
(begin_random
(begin
(print "stopping")
(weather_stop (random_range 10 20))
(print "restarting")
(weather_start (random_range 10 20))
)
(begin
(print "light rain")
(weather_change_intensity (random_range 10 20) 0.3)
)
(begin
(print "light rain")
)
(begin
(print "heavy rain")
(weather_change_intensity (random_range 10 20) 1)
(sleep (random_range 900 1200))
(sleep (random_range 900 1200))
)
)
FALSE
)
)
)

Mar 15, 2013
Weather isn't specific to either game engine mode or function. Weather is totally dependent upon which map contains it, and cannot be spawned via a script. Weather however can be altered via a script. In the Backwash script, the engine is simply altering the float values for intensity periodically, since the weather system by default does not have a randomizing feature with it.

Also note that any map you alter the weather on, the map MUST contain all the weather tags and already have some sort of weather compiled with it. The only way to add weather to a map that contains none, is a lengthy bsp_structure edit.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
http://h2mt.h2pc.org/repository/notes.html
Search for this section: H2 Tool - UNLOCKED & SINGLE PLAYER MODE

SP mode may not matter for the squads if you use Ambiguous Alpha 2.5 to switch the engine mode from MP to SP, then restart the map or suicide the player. The nice thing about doing a proper SP scenario is that you get a proper SP menu on the map which supports check-points and many other things that would never work in MP.

Here is an extracted 03a_oldmombasa.scenario to study how SP scenarios are laid out. Remember to use H2GuerillaNEW.exe so as not to corrupt the scenario and always have a backup.

Mar 15, 2013
Since the way to do it from scratch is a bit different than the Xbox way, I'll try to explain it.

Now since the method to put weather in a map depends on the ability to edit the scenario_structure_bsp tag, I am not sure if it can be successfully done in H2V. If the tools we have do allow you to make real time changes to the bsp tag, then proceed as follows....

Firstly, you will need to use the GuerillaTST.exe version of guerilla. It is the only version that shows hidden tag blocks. Depending on the app, Ambiguous may or may not have the entire bsp tag mapped out. Once you open the map in either tool, you will scroll down to this,

Now, next you have to go down the expanded "Cluster" tag and look for this,

You have to manually change all the enum32 (tag pointers), to the weather tag you added to the blank palette at the beginning of the bsp tag. The weather tag MUST match the scenario weather that is defined. Now, depending on how many sub cluster fields the "cluster" tag block has, you can spend anywhere from 10 minutes to a solid hour changing upwards of 50+ tag pointers.

Once you have all the changes made, simply save the bsp file, or if your doing it in realtime, save or sync or whatever the hell it is called.....and the weather should appear! Now this is based on the old tried and true Xbox method, but I know for a fact it works here too, as I can add weather to any map without having to do it thru Sapien. Good luck!

Apr 27, 2013
Cali
you can edit that part in sapian under structure data, ill have to try. As for sp map how do i play a custom sp map? I made one and i have no clue how to load it and i cant find the tut i had for sp co-op *which* allowed you to play sp maps as multi then switch the engine mode over.

removed
here is my fast test... i feel really slow at this soon i may give up an go back to making a campaign conversion for CE where you play as a grunt trying to find the chief each level

Mar 15, 2013
I am aware that Sapien does that for you, but that information was roughly more for realtime editing thru Ambiguous or Assembly. I know someone here had the tut for SP Co-Op, I think it Kills. There should be something about switching and setting it in the H2MT notes section I think? If all else fails, head over to Remnantmods.com or halomods and check thru the modding archive. Most of the Xbox methods we used to mod shiz, still work and hold true for the H2v version.

Apr 27, 2013
Cali
oi.... it loaded and the screen is black.... i can hear me shot and throw nades and what not... why is it black should i add this script ??

(script startup mission_start
(begin
(texture_cache_flush)
(geometry_cache_flush)
(camera_set_field_of_view 70 0)
(rasterizer_bloom_override False)
(cinematic_start)
(cinematic_stop)
(camera_control False)
(switch_bsp_by_name 00a_introduction)
(fade_in 1 1 1 0)
)
)

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
The MainMenu slots method was the old way we used to bypass some content restrictions, because we can now compile SP maps with the fixed H2Tool I load mine by replacing existing SP maps (SP maps can be replaced without H2 or Live freaking out, so without further modification).

Now we have a third option with the Custom Map Restriction Remover, it allows us to view and play previously restricted maps from the standard custom MP menu, whereas the MainMenu slots must be loaded from the default MP menu.

And yes, try adding that script as long as it points to your BSP by its name. Thats why I said to download [DATA+TAGS] The Essential Collection, as it contains examples of all this.

EDIT: I asked Shock about making adding more SP slots recently when I released my Campaign Expansion BETA, he said it was not possible as far as he knew.

Apr 27, 2013
Cali
i made the sp an elite one does that matter any?
thanks for the dlls i added them

i have the essential collection but ive been trying to use a clean install, because i dont give credit well