IWBD script please?

Apr 27, 2013
Cali
what do i have to do to get the ai to work??? I got the screen to work with that script but i still am unable to get squads to spawn.... i've tried a lot i'm out of ideas for now and would like a hint or two maybe even a tut

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Don't worry about credit, we release our tags so that others do not have to recreate the wheel. There are not many of us that have tried to make SP maps, so its kind of new territory. I'll post some SP script for you to compare to:

Code:
;= H2MT Requiem =============================================================================
;*
Open issues

General
-AI zones are broken

*;

(script startup mission_start

(texture_cache_flush)
	(geometry_cache_flush)
;		(game_is_cooperative)
;		(game_coop_players 4)
;		(profile_reset)
	(camera_set_field_of_view 70 0)
	(rasterizer_bloom_override false)
	(game_can_use_flashlights true)
	(camera_control false)
;	(camera_control on)
	(switch_bsp 0)
	(fade_in 1 1 1 0)
	(render_lights 0)
	(ai_place csquad)
	(ai_place hsquad_outside)
	(ai_place hsquad)
	(ai_allegiance player human)
	(ai_allegiance covenant prophet)
)

(script continuous spawner
		(if
			(<=
				(ai_living_count csquad)	
			)
			(ai_place csquad)
		)
)

(script continuous all_seeing_eye
		(ai_magically_see_object hsquad (list_get (players) 0))
		(ai_prefer_target (players) true)
	(ai_enter_squad_vehicles csquad)
	(ai_magically_see hsquad csquad)
	(ai_allow_dormant csquad 0)
	(ai_allow_dormant hsquad 0)
	(ai_force_active csquad 1)
	(ai_force_active hsquad 1)
	(ai_berserk csquad 1)
	(ai_berserk hsquad 1)
)

(script continuous Skulls
;	(sleep_until (or (player_flashlight_on) (player_active_camouflage_on)) 15)
	(sleep_until (player_action_test_back) 45)
	(player_action_test_reset)
;	Ghost - A.I. characters will not flinch from attacks, melee or otherwise
	(ice_cream_flavor_stock 7)
;	Black eye - Your shield does not charge normally
;	(ice_cream_flavor_stock 8)
;	Catch - A.I. will throw more grenades
	(ice_cream_flavor_stock 9)
;	Mythic - Enemies and allies have double the health and shielding they have on legendary
	(ice_cream_flavor_stock 12)
;	Angry - Enemies fire their weapons faster and more frequently
	(ice_cream_flavor_stock 13)
;	(sleep_until (not (or (player_flashlight_on) (player_active_camouflage_on))) 15)
	(sleep_until (player_action_test_back) 45)
	(player_action_test_reset)
;	Envy - The Master Chief now has an Active Camouflage device
	(ice_cream_flavor_stock 0)
;	(game_won)
)

In the scenario:

-Make sure you have your Player Starting Profile and the Player Starting Locations setup

-Make sure you have the Style Palette and Squad Groups setup

-Under Squads have the following checked:
start timer immediately
respawn enabled
initially placed

The normal diff count and insane diff count must have values, one for each npc in that group.

The Starting Locations must be set and the coordinates (position) must be set as well.

Basically you need to fill in everything until it works, I have more templates coming soon that will make it so you can skip most of this part. You can borrow a scenario from another as long as you make the appropriate changes such as BSP/sky and the position of everything.

Under the Scripts section you may be missing the reference to the scripts and their type. It took a lot of trial and error to get it all working how I wanted so if you get stuck just wait for our updated Essential Collection then you can just use one of our included SP maps as a base.

Apr 27, 2013
Cali
thanks you so much i will give credit to you since i would have most likely have given up

I found the problem... this helped a lot
"-Under Squads have the following checked:
start timer immediately
respawn enabled
initially placed"

i didnt have start timer or initially placed checked im sure that not having it placed was the problem....

Epiphany moment (the moment when you realize you smoke way too much weed)

and now it starts the scripting and copy and placing of coordinates, time to get started on IWHBYD...

Apr 27, 2013
Cali
ok man now i am having a trouble keeping the squad from being placed until called from a script with (ai_place <ai>)

is this a normal problem?

Apr 27, 2013
Cali
I have tried
(ai_erase <ai>)
(ai_kill_silent <ai>)
<ai> should be replaced with squad right?

here is my script

Code:
(script startup tutorial_startup
	(begin
		(texture_cache_flush)
		(geometry_cache_flush)
		(camera_set_field_of_view 70 0)
		(rasterizer_bloom_override False)
		(cinematic_start)
		(cinematic_stop)
		(camera_control False)
		(switch_bsp_by_name tutorial)
		(fade_in 1 1 1 0)
		(game_can_use_flashlights false)
	)
	(ai_erase squad1)
	(sleep_until (= (list_count_not_dead switch2) 0))
	(object_create lifteffect)
	(object_create jump)
	(ai_place squad1)
	(ai_renew squad1)
	(ai_allow_dormant squad1 0)
	(ai_force_active squad1 1)
)

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
That is an outstanding issue that I have not figured a way around yet. I have tried many variations in the scripts and placement settings to no avail. I hope someone can figure it out.

The only solution I could come up with was multiple scenarios/maps, one for each wave, but that is not the best answer to this problem, at least weapons should be transferable between maps.

Also, the Xbox script extraction tool adds an extra begin and closing tag that does not need to be there, so be aware of that. The one that knows the most about scripting is Kirby, he can probably be contacted on halomods.com or modacity.net.

Apr 27, 2013
Cali
i can't do what i wanted, is there a missing section in the scenario? why does the commands refer to encounter so much

Code:
 (ai_kill_silent <ai>) - instantly and silently (no animation or sound played) kills the specified encounter and/or squad.
(ai_attach <unit> <ai>) - attaches the specified unit to the specified encounter.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
It might tie into proper zones being setup, I copied my zones from that old mombasa scenario but they are not true to my maps and there are a few other fields like that, I tried to convert most of the settings to my maps but there are a few sections where you cannot add anything even though you look at the originals and see info there.

Mar 15, 2013
Not to be a Debby Downer, but Co-op really isnt my cup of tea. What about shifting focus to making new multiplayer maps able to use spawning AI? Should be simple enough using the multi bsp loading scripting method. Perhaps a script that changes the engine mode on map loading?

Mar 15, 2013
Unfortunatly, the actual operational.code is missing from Sapien. We can see the debug list of commands and all that, but the actual code that executes it is completely missing. Same goes for H2tool and Guerilla. Korn has spoken about missing code and how long it would it take, if even possible, to reverse the code and add the functionality back. Best case scenario for any of this.... Wait for another proper Halo port like CE was.

Apr 27, 2013
Cali
SCRAPY said:
so how is this going hex?
Much better now, thank you for asking. Gigi is getting out of the mental hospital...

I've been working on weed, so not much time doing other stuff. Check out my kick ass how to HD video I fucked up on cause I used OIS Duo and Tele Macro

[BBvideo 560,340:35zm5sgo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaIKxHxjbFc[/BBvideo]

I got a new cross (Sour Diesel x Grand Daddy Purple) x ("Third Dimension x Grand Daddy Purple"F5) I'm calling it "tiny seed" cause damn them some tiny seeds... I've got a lot of immature seeds that may sprout, I usually give them to eric and he says some of them sprout.

Apr 27, 2013
Cali
Kills Alone said:
That sounds like an epic cross-breed man.
Epic hmm idk about epic, but it's pretty good.

My new breeding project could be described as epic.

Hexthat on rollitup.org said:
This is my new breeding project...
A cannabis varieties capable of interbreeding and producing fertile offspring, also having an inability to create any offspring with other cannabis varieties.
...I'm not going to focus on potency or medicinal properties it is just for shits and giggles.

I think the fastest and easiest way to achieve this would be breeding visible mutations with other visible mutations, oh and lots of inbreeding. OMG WHY!!!
Any normy females I'll just grow out and smoke.

Breeding stock will be my Third Dimension x Grand Daddy Purple F5
I'll be using miracle grow moister control in gallon sized pots.
I already planted 72 seeds and got 71 sprouts no food given just water.

I had 2 seedlings sprouted with 3 cotyledon, but I can only locate one now... I guess I'll just have to backcross with it to see if the trait that can even be passed on. Wish I still had the mother if it turns out to be male.

OMG please be monoecious that would be awesome..... First and only time I pray for a hermi.....

Comments and Criticism are more then welcome.
hexthat on rollitup.org said:
Smoking dried products to find breeders is incorrect. You find breeders by breeding to find which pass desirable traits onto children. This being only logical... a ditch weed plant crossed with ditch weed has a possibility of being wonderful.

As for "self any potential females" some of my strains are impossible for me to turn monoecious.
I estimate from previous trials that "Third Dimension x Grand Daddy Purple F5" has 25% chance of being capable monoecious. Early on in breeding I would not breed any females if I were able to make them monoecious.

My opinion is breeders that breed monoecious females are like a plague and ruining cannabis. For shits and giggles I guess its okay though...

I had a Super Silver Haze I could not turn monoecious with colloidal silver, light stress, heat stress, or nutrient stress. I will never use gibberellic acid. Nasty weed though I hate SSH... I crossed it with (third dimension x grand daddy purple)F4 planted 126 seeds only to see 19 sprout hope one is a keeper. I still have about 200 seeds of it. Last year outdoor I grew two SS3D females one was as horrible as Super Silver Haze and the other was so god-like I cry at night cause I didn't keep it. Best weed I grew last year out of 9 great females.

I may buy some Colchicine in the future, I'd like to make a decaploid cannabis clone only strain.

hexthat on rollitup.org said:
"Monoicous plants are those species that bear both sperm and eggs on the same gametophyte. Dioicous plants are those that have gametophytes that produce only sperm or eggs but never both."

I have Dioicous strains and breed for them specifically and breed out Monoicous plants.

Wiki said:
Hermaphrodite is used in botany to describe a flower that has both staminate (male, pollen-producing) and carpellate (female, ovule-producing) parts. This condition is seen in many common garden plants. A closer analogy to hermaphroditism in botany is the presence of separate male and female flowers on the same individual—such plants are called monoecious. Monoecy is especially common in conifers, but occurs in only about 7% of angiosperm species.
Hermaphrodite is an incorrect term when referring to plants, it is an animal term.
I sound like one of them idiots that gets his learning from wiki... I do know what I am talking about though....